I can't believe it...

righteousgoddoward

Bethesda is total garbage. They come out after ten years with a game upgrade that just breaks mods and adds.... fishing and add-ons that existed for years. Worst part is this will probably be the latest real BGS game with good modding community, they will never allow this on TES6 or Starfield.

Indeed, if people think there's going to be a nexus for ES6 then they are sadly mistaken, this whole AE thing is to introduce paid modding slowly, gently and sneakily like they tried before which was met with much disdain, but this time they have succeeded in pathing the way for nothing but paid mods for ES6, now before anyone starts carrying on about it I will just remind you that Microsoft is now the boss, enough said.

Edited by Dashyburn

After having to roll back my game to skyrim se I through MO2 did a update check for the mods that I have installed. Core mods like USSEP have moved on and so have a lot of other mods. Some have for now have two versions. About a third of the mods that I have though have only the new version. The old SE version is no longer there. The update flag was for only the new version. Won`t be too long and skyrim se will be unplayable modded as popular mods will not be updated or improved upon and will clash with those that are still being supported and updated.

After having to roll back my game to skyrim se I through MO2 did a update check for the mods that I have installed. Core mods like USSEP have moved on and so have a lot of other mods. Some have for now have two versions. About a third of the mods that I have though have only the new version. The old SE version is no longer there. The update flag was for only the new version. Won`t be too long and skyrim se will be unplayable modded as popular mods will not be updated or improved upon and will clash with those that are still being supported and updated.

So true. It will be a mess for mod authors trying to support versions for both 1.5.97 and 1.6.342 in the long run. New players will be confused, being told to "downgrade" a game they just bought to be able to use some mods. Mod list authors staying on 1.5.97 will have a massive job telling new users how to downgrade. This is like when SSE was launched all over again. Some people will say "i will never update"... but the vast majority will.

I was happily playing SE until one day recently my game connected to Steam, downloaded and installed some stuff, and Viola! Game wouldn't launch. No warning, no correction instructions. So, after two days of Googling and reading forums, I narrowed it down to a revised version of SKSE. Installed that, game started. But wait, more fun. When the main menu appeared there was a large scrolling box showing me all the mods that will no longer function in my game. So when the game finally did start, I chose the load option. The mods were there, but with a series of numbers about 12 to 15 characters long. More fun: needless to say a box pops up on selection and promptly informs me my saves are corrupted and unplayable, and that I should install the correct ones, which I would do IF I knew where the **** they were.

This game has become tedious. After seven years I'm done with it. Good luck to the rest of you. :dry:

Well, I'm an idiot and a liar. I didn't find the saves, but I'm not done with the game either. I have put way too much time into this game just to abandon it. For my own game I have created over 20 followers, customized towns and interiors to suit me, created extra dialogs for my own use, and countless miscellaneous junk I'm not willing to throw in the trash just yet. I finally did get the game to run glitch-free, but for a while I was caught in that void with the SKSE and version updates that seemed to never stop, as were we all. Happy for now anyways. :happy:

Edited by varkonasnorse