ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Help with SKSE

TheGreek123

Yesterday i torrented skyrim (already bought it for xbox) and installed it, and today i installed a couple mods via NMM. I learned that skyui required skse, and i tried to install that. I learned i did not have the latest version, and attempted to uninstall it through deleting files (I didn't get it through NMM, i thought you couldn't do that). Now, when i launch skyrim and try to load up my game, it crashes immediately after the load screen.

Help?

EDIT: A little more background: when i try to start a new game the menu just disappears and the symbol stays on the screen, but nothing else happens.

Edited by TheGreek123

EDIT: A little more background: when i try to start a new game the menu just disappears and the symbol stays on the screen, but nothing else happens.

If you're pirating Skyrim then you've probably not installed it to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim" which is where it would be if you bought it. The SKSE installer does its thing assuming that you've installed everything according to actually purchasing the game. So I can imagine it's just not installing correctly.