Is it possible to remove specific segments of mods?

billyro

Hi there.

I was wondering if there was some way to remove parts of mods using either Wrye Bash or the Construction Set in a clean, efficient manner. The thing is; I am currently using Nuska's Oblivion Character Overhaul, and also Arthmoor's Tamriel Immersion Experience. However, TIE makes changes to most of the NPC faces to add a lot of diversity, and the problem with this is that most of the faces are oddly proportioned due to the face mesh alterations of OCO.

Is it possible to remove all face edits by TIE so that the faces not already overwritten by OCO aren't disproportioned?

Thanks for your time.

I'll go ahead and tell you I've never played TIE, but I do know about it, and I'm fairly certain a lot, if not all, of those faces were manually done. Oh you could reverse the changes and bring back the vanilla faces, but the only way I know how to do that is by manually fixing them back.... and that will be extremely tedious.

You might be able to do it through TES4Edit, but I wouldn't know how.

I'd suggest you give Bethsoft Oblivion Mod forums a visit and ask this question there. Arthmoor frequents there more than here, and he might have some better insight on how to do this. If you do go there, be sure to inclue TIE and OCO in the title of the thread, or at least the sub title.

Edited by lonewolf_kai

I've figured out how to fix most of the NPCs (there are a few stragglers) so it's ok for now. It seems that the 1.2 update for OCO allows for face merging in Bashed Patches, so I simply loaded that after TIE and now OCO takes precedence.

Thanks for the suggestion though; I probably should make a profile at Bethesda's forums at some point...

I've figured out how to fix most of the NPCs (there are a few stragglers) so it's ok for now. It seems that the 1.2 update for OCO allows for face merging in Bashed Patches, so I simply loaded that after TIE and now OCO takes precedence.

Thanks for the suggestion though; I probably should make a profile at Bethesda's forums at some point...

Sweet and simple. I didn't even think about doing that. Well thought out!