Permissions and Credits

Whatanovice

I am kinda new to the whole "Permissions and Credits" thing and so i would like clarification on them and what they entail exactly.

Let's take the "hulk" mod from Batman: Arkham City created by @2ARon for instance:

gqfi8dk.jpeg

So, let's say for example if i made a video that had this mod in it with the intention of uploading the video to youtube and before i upload it, which of the above permissions would i need to comply with?

Also, if for instance i uploaded the video to youtube whilst complying with any of the above permissions, which of the above permissions would i be infringing upon, if say, i put ads on the video, i put my paypal link and/or i put my "patreon" link in the description box on the youtube video just to make ends meet for myself?

Again, i am a newbie at this kinda thing and so i would like clarification on each the above permissions and what they entail exactly with the scenarios above.

Theoretically, you can use the file in a video, without violating any of those terms. It wouldn't hurt to at least ask the author for permission to do so, however, I don't think that is an absolute legal requirement.

Each and every mod author apparently have their own set of "permissions" for their mods and so i don't know about you or anyone else for that matter but i would just loathe the thought of having to ask each and every mod author for permission.
So yes, i would certainly hope not that it is an absolute necessity (or as you said, "absolute legal requirement") to ask them.
Now as for "crediting" mod authors in the description of a video or somewhere on the video page, that i see no problem with doing although i don't know how that would work out exactly because i haven't the faintest clue of how they would need to be credited "correctly" or is there even a correct way of doing it in the first place?
I have no clue about that honestly, i am curious about it though.

I think doing something like listing what mods are in the video, whom they were authored by, and maybe even a link to their mod?? If you generate traffic for an authors mod page, I know that would put a smile on my face. :D

I suppose if that is the right way of going about it and it would make them happy then that would make me happy as well.

:happy: