We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

What's the best way to delete *some* items added by mod, but not all?

mkborgelt13

I want to remove some weapons and items completely that have been added by a mod.

The reason is some items I just don't want in my game, personal preference. Overall is good, but there are a few things I just want to remove.

What is the community's suggested best practice to do this?

I've done it before by deleting the actual base item records from the mod using xEdit, but this felt janky and I'm pretty sure left broken references all over the place.

Obviously if that is an acceptable way to do it, I will gladly continue, as digging through hundreds of LL entries is, uh, daunting. And some of the items I deleted had a sneaky way of getting back into my game even though I deleted them.

Right now I made a new blank esp which is dependent on the mod in question, and am ready to start deleting!

I'm a bit stuck. So, the scripts are installed. I've got an esp having the mod I want to make deletions from as a master. I was going to do all the work of deleting on this child esp to keep the master/parent clean.

How can I show the records added by the parent mod in my override/child esp? There's got to be a setting somewhere to show records from a specific master, but I can't find it. I want to avoid modifying the parent mod and have all the changes/deletions in the child. Is this possible in xEdit/FO4edit?

So something like, delete a bunch of guns from the parent, but save these changes in the child, which then loads after the parent.

Secondly, I am guessing the specific script in the tools you were talking about is QuickChange. Is this correct? So then... could I select a bunch of guns, right click- apply script, select quick change. Then option "Remove," but what is the path? In the documentation it says the path is supposed to be something like "DATA\Value", where DATA is one of the abbreviations in the View panel of xEdit. However as far as I can tell, there are no LL entries in the View Panel, only in the References Panel. But apparently the signature for Levelled List is LLVI. So could I use something like "LLVI/[*]" to delete all LL references for an object?

Sorry for all the questions. This seems like a promising way to go about it and I want to understand.

How can I show the records added by the parent mod in my override/child esp? There's got to be a setting somewhere to show records from a specific master, but I can't find it. I want to avoid modifying the parent mod and have all the changes/deletions in the child. Is this possible in xEdit/FO4edit?

Right click on the plugin >> Apply Script >> Choose "List records referencing specific plugin" from the dropdown menu >> Click OK >> Type the load order number of the Master plugin.

Secondly, I am guessing the specific script in the tools you were talking about is QuickChange. Is this correct? So then... could I select a bunch of guns, right click- apply script, select quick change. Then option "Remove," but what is the path? In the documentation it says the path is supposed to be something like "DATA\Value", where DATA is one of the abbreviations in the View panel of xEdit. However as far as I can tell, there are no LL entries in the View Panel, only in the References Panel. But apparently the signature for Levelled List is LLVI. So could I use something like "LLVI/[*]" to delete all LL references for an object?

Sorry for all the questions. This seems like a promising way to go about it and I want to understand.

To delete a specific Leveled Item Entry from the selected Leveled Item records, you would need two tasks:

Task 1
- REPLACE
- Path: Leveled List Entries/Leveled List Entry/lVLO - Base Data/Reference
- Find: LL_Knuckles10 [LVLI:00245D55] type the name of the weapon next to Reference (i.e. LL_Knuckles10 [LVLI:00245D55])
- Replace: 00000000 this is called null reference or "NULL - Null Reference [00000000]"
Task 2 (click on the + button to add new task)
- REMOVE
- Path: Leveled List Entries/Leveled List Entry
- Index: 0 type the index of Leveled List Entry "NULL - Null Reference [00000000]" (i.e. 0)
Edited by LarannKiar