Can my computer run Skyrim Ultra modded with these specs?

Deleted74338003User

I followed a few modding guides and have around 1,000 mods, including texture and model replacers, but nothing over 2K.

I used Cathedral Landscapes and Northern Grasses, which are supposedly performance friendly grass mods, and spent a long time patching everything so it all worked together. I used Skyrim Flora Overhaul (No grass) with performance textures. I thought my computer could handle it, but I'm encountering a lot of stuttering and about 30-50fps outside. Inside, I run 60fps perfectly with ENB (Lumos with Obsidian Weathers) and Lux.

I did a test run and uninstalled everything except my ENB and Lux, and still was getting around 50fps outside, and that is with no mods. Is that simply the engine limitations of Skyrim, or am I doing something wrong? I used BethINI, USSEP, SSE Display Tweaks, SSE Engine Fixes, SSE FPS Stabilizer, and Skyrim Priority SE, all with their appropriate AE versions. All my graphics drivers are updated. I set my power management mode in the NVIDIA control panel to "Prefer maximum performance" and texture filtering to "High performance." Still no notable improvement. Any suggestions? Can my computer just not handle it?

These are my specs:

CPU: Intel® Core i5-10400 @ 2.90GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super

Edited by Guest

Run task manager in the background, when you get to a spot where you are getting slowdowns, and such, switch to task manager and see what the CPU and GPU are doing. (the graphs are the most informative, they will show what was happening a few minutes ago as well, not just "Right Now".

Your computer specs are on the weaker side for a heavily modded Skyrim. So yes, you might have to make some compromises. That shouldn't make modding impossible though.

Did you try without ENB (or with a more lightweight preset)? Depending on the preset and the effects used, ENB can be really demanding on system ressources. From my experience, ENB can tank your FPS much more than e.g. lots of 2K textures.

I run a modded SSE myself with nearly 400 plugins, including DLC's. I have some areas where the game slows down, etc. However, I also don't run any ENB's, and I watch what lighting mods I use. And I'm running this on an AMD FX8350 4.0 GHz, and a Nvidia GTX 980. A lot of my plugins, however, are patches. But I have a few CTD's, and slow downs, but it is typically how much I am stressing my system by loading from zone to zone.