We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Cannot Go Outside / Start a New Game

Jackdd

Earlier today I tried to make some .ini changes to speed up performance, as well as install Organised Bandits In Skyrim.

However, when I opened up the game and clicked continue, the loading screen showed up an I got "Skyrim has stopped working.".

I tried to load a previous save from when I was indoors, and the game loaded up fine, however when I tried to leave the house, Skyrim stopped working.

I thought it must just be an issue with things spawned in that save, so I went to make a new game, but Skyrim stopped working again.

I undid all changes I made, Restored a previous .ini and Uninstalled OBIS, and tried to open up my game.

Continuing (Outdoors) I got a CTD.

Loading the Indoor save, game opened fine, but crashed when leaving the house.

Trying to start a new game, game still CTD's.

Does anyone know what might have happened? I don't understand why the crashes persist, even after I undid the changes.

Thanks in advance for any help.

try verifying your game files by steam "steam game library" -> rightklick skyrim -> preferences -> local game files -> verify game files

i had the same and my main files were corrupted, think something went wrong while using ddsopt or cleaning with tes5edit