Starcraft Armor and weaponds

Helldrone

Please add the armor from SC1. I don't like the new armor that much, or the new gun. The C-12 Gauss Rifle from SC1 is awesome.

I second this, I thought the original armor and rifle looked more original, while the newer ones look more like generic, at least for the whole scifi space marine thing that is.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at it, star craft 1 armor is probably much more do-able, it doesn't have those enormous extension hands. But, the SC1 rifle looks a bit less futuristic and bare bones than the new one. It's basically a magazine and chamber box with two sniper's rifle length barrels.

But, the SC1 rifle looks a bit less futuristic and bare bones than the new one. It's basically a magazine and chamber box with two sniper's rifle length barrels.

Which is exactly why it would fit in Fallout. I don't like it when guns and armor start getting too advanced. The technology should be taken only so far. Also, that barrel is a grenade/light rocket launcher. I believe it has a (nearly) 100 round magazine. It shoots tiny, BB sized projectiles, but it shoots them so fast (it is a Gauss Rifle after all) that it still does damage.

Also, the C-12 has a stock attached. The new gun doesn't, and I hate rifles that don't have stocks, it seems weird. Yes, I know the armor probably handles the recoil, but it feels wrong.

I also don't like all the modern day weapon mods, out of personal taste, by the way. It ruins the already unique aesthetic of the original Fallout weapons. It is an alternate reality, so things should be mixed up.

The SC1 armor is better fitting fallout because it looks more industrial. The new stuff is too shiny, perhaps only good for a T51b replacement. In fact, I think that would make a lot of sense to use it in that way.

Well how could protoss weapons fit the humans of the wasteland, by your armor logic?

*ahem* The protoss Zealot blades would be feasable, as they could fit on the wrists. The Dark Templar weapons are knives and scythe-weapons. The rest are guns.

Protoss Armor would'nt fit, since they have different bodies than humans.

Example:

http://tulsalan.com/tulsalan/images/stories/SC2Protoss.jpg

But, the SC1 rifle looks a bit less futuristic and bare bones than the new one. It's basically a magazine and chamber box with two sniper's rifle length barrels.

Which is exactly why it would fit in Fallout. I don't like it when guns and armor start getting too advanced. The technology should be taken only so far. Also, that barrel is a grenade/light rocket launcher. I believe it has a (nearly) 100 round magazine. It shoots tiny, BB sized projectiles, but it shoots them so fast (it is a Gauss Rifle after all) that it still does damage.

Also, the C-12 has a stock attached. The new gun doesn't, and I hate rifles that don't have stocks, it seems weird. Yes, I know the armor probably handles the recoil, but it feels wrong.

I also don't like all the modern day weapon mods, out of personal taste, by the way. It ruins the already unique aesthetic of the original Fallout weapons. It is an alternate reality, so things should be mixed up.

The SC1 armor is better fitting fallout because it looks more industrial. The new stuff is too shiny, perhaps only good for a T51b replacement. In fact, I think that would make a lot of sense to use it in that way.

Ah, now I see your argument. With any like modders will do the C-12 and the new rifle, as I'm sure I'm not alone in my love for futuristic looking weaponry. Of course, noone is forcing you to use the out of context weaponry in mods [unless you just want the in context stuff in FOOK...].

:pinch:

I think the problem for the c-12 comes from the grenade launcher. No weapon in fallout 3 has an alternate firing method, this isn't Unreal Tournament. I don't know how you could switch the weapons without having him pull the gun from his backpack every time he switched. Also, the GL would need its own stats, like weight. You would have to carry the same gun twice, so would the GL weigh anything, to be fair? People could exploit that and just carry a GL wherever they went. Unless there was a good way of getting it to work it would be awkward. The game has no base to work from.

Cool. And if people didn't want it to use its own unique ammo they could just give it a 30 round clip and make it use 5mm ammo. Its damage would still be moderate-high due to the gauss mechanism it would be using, but you wouldn't have to make a new ammo type.

Using FOSE you could also have the ammo display work, but this would be redundant with the HUD already telling you.

Archived