ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Video recording: how to rotate cam SMOOTHLY?

Hirlok

Hey guys - started to do a few vids recently, and there is one problem I can not overcome.

Searching the forums here brought up a lot of things about rotating the cam while moving and whatever, but not the (probably very simple) solution I am looking for.

I can pan the freefly cam very smoothly (with direction keys and sucsm 0.2 or similar), but the only way to ROTATE the cam seems to be the mouse. And no way what I do to my mouse sensitivity, the result is jerky as hell.

I have seen smooth panorama swipes in recordings on yt, so obviously there must be a way.

any key combination I do not know about? SKSE plugins? Dark voodoo rituals? ;-)

Please support the n00b ;-)

You can get smooth results by using a games controller. Obviously you can switch back to mouse again afterwards but due to being able to increase the amount of pressure on the control stick and the way it rotates the camera at a constant rate this is probably the best way. If you have a wired Xbox controller then that will work if you plug it into your computer.

You can get smooth results by using a games controller.

HA!, thanks for the info! I freaking hate these things and have none, but will look into this, worst case I will use some cheapo gamepad with the xbox 360 controller emulator.

...actually I just stumbled across something else that might be the best solution for me, but could not get it to work with Skyrim so far.

Mouse emulators for keyboard, where you can assign keys to cursor movements.

Unfortunately all I tested so far work very well and smooth under Windows, in most applications and even some games, but not in Skyrim.

Anyone here got stuff like AutoHotKey or MouseEmulator from RH Designs running with Skyrim?