Constant Freezing

SchmoSalt

I recently reinstalled Fallout 3 since I reformatted my OS, making my old install of Fallout 3 worthless. I patched it up to 1.4 via Live and installed Operation Anchorage. Started a new game and went for it. No more than 2 minutes into the game, however, the game completely froze. I restarted the game and tried again. Played for about 3 minutes this time and another freeze. Restarted, got to the escape from the vault part, fought some enemies, holstered my weapon, freeze. Restarted again, did the part, holster, freeze. I have no idea why this is happening. I am running the game completely stock, haven't installed ANY mods whatsoever so far. This game ran perfectly before on my computer, not sure what its problem is now...

System Specs:

Vista Ultimate

Intel Q6600 @ 2.4 Ghz

ASUS Rampage Formula X48

eVGA 8800 GT KO

4GB DDR2/1066

Creative X-Fi Titanium Pro

I have the exact same problem, only I didn't install Operation Anchorage.

I play for a few minutes, and then the game suddenly freezes, and I can't do anything until I restart my computer.

my specs:

Windows XP

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz

Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB

2GB DDR2

help us please =[

I have the exact same problem, only I didn't install Operation Anchorage.

I play for a few minutes, and then the game suddenly freezes, and I can't do anything until I restart my computer.

my specs:

Windows XP

Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz

Sapphire Radeon X1950 Pro 512MB

2GB DDR2

help us please =[

Interesting. So you can't even use Task Manager to kill the process? Cause in my case I can kill the process and try playing again. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the patch if our cases are related. The last time I played was on 1.2.

No, I can't use the task manager. When I try to open it, it opens but I can't see it. I can see my Windows cursor going over it, but I still see the frozen image of the game all over the screen, and unless I restart, I can't do anything to close the game.

@Itsnipes

My video card driver is up to date.

I am having a very similar problem but my problem only happens when i attempt to quicksave or the game autosaves. This only began recently, as in yesterday, but if i start a new game it works fine

it seems it starts to happen during the quest to listen to dads tapes or to meet up with dad in vault 112

however i use ASU (auto save utility) and that can save just fine. My drivers are up to date as well.

I got mine working, somewhat. It still crashes randomly here and there. I moved the Anchorage files from the XLive folder to Fallout's folder. It's odd. The game seems to crash when there's a massive graphical load. But, there were other times that it didn't crash under the stress. I am using the latest nVidia drivers, since I just reinstalled Windows.

Archived