How do I get AA to work on OBGE?

Murielkai

There are two AA shaders it looks like, cellshader+AA and normal AA. On the normal AA shader it reads "disable Show Depth Mask" or something like that. What is "show depth mask"?

All I really want out of OBGE is godrays and I am second guessing whether it is worth giving up AA...

Any suggestions? Forcing AA doesn't seem to be working on my nvidia cards.

Thanks for insight.

Download and install nVidia inspector.

Once you've installed it, launch it and click on the Tools button:

Select Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion as the profile and change the Antialiasing compatibility to 0x20410041. Change the Antialiasing setttings to whatever you like. If you want, you can add some Anistropic filtering for sharper distant objects.

Click Apply changes and you'll have AA along with HDR and whatever other stuff you've added with OBGE. :smile:

Thats fantastic, thanks. I have an older system. Voodoo firebird with nvidia 9800 x2 with sli but it runs the game great. I only want the godrays effect from OBGE, really. I kept reading that AA would mess it up in one way or another, I hope this works out.

At least you have both together now. :smile: You could adjust the godray settings to make them more intense. Remember that the pictures you see "advertising" the effect were probably taken at the best possible angle in the best possible conditions.