Not Pretty

jayrichardm

Just a comment: I've seen more than my share of grossly oversized and unnatural tits on female followers. I don't know who would find them attractive. To me they're damned ugly. That's the first thing I check when I load a new follower and I've rejected several mods because of that.

FYI - there is a way to force your own body presets onto npcs... There is at least one mod to adjust body styles on some of the most popular follower collections.

That often happens, but not with all mods. You probably have a better way of fixing the tits than I do. If I really like a follower for other reasons, pretty and with good skills, I try to fix their proportions. I've been successful copying the body meshes over from other followers. If that doesn't work I hide them in a nice outfit from Divine Elegance and then never have sex with them.

I just copy and paste the basic female character meshes from the data folder, into the installed npc files. There is also a method I got from a post on this site,

Body Mesh/Texture Replacement Guide - Skyrim LE/SE

1. Extract any BSAs using Bethesda Archive Extractor (available here on Skyrim SE Nexus) to any location on your HDD/SSD. Make sure to include the .esp with the extracted files. Skip to the next step if BSAs aren't used by a particular follower/NPC mod.

2. Navigate to meshes\actors\character\character assets folder.

3. Copy the femalebody/femalehands\femalefeet files from the above directory. DO NOT copy the femalehead.nif or you may have issues with neck seam.

4. Paste the above files into meshes\actors\character\(follower/NPC name), overwriting if\when asked.

5. If applicable, navigate to meshes\actors\character\character assets female folder. Otherwise, skip to Step 8.

6. Copy the skeleton_female.nif from the above directory.

7. Paste the above file to wherever the custom skeleton_female.nif for a particular follower is found, overwriting when asked. Some followers do come with their own custom skeleton_female.nif & this will need to be replaced since failing to do this can result in body deformity issues. This is especially true if using CBP Physics or equivalent. Follower mods that utilize a custom skeleton_female.nif include:

Cancho_Chloe Standalone Follower
Claire by Plooshy
Neve by Plooshy
The Huntress Reborn by Plooshy
MBWS Follower Series
GK Follower Series

8. Navigate to textures\actors\character\female folder.

9. Copy the femalebody/femalehands/femalehead files from the above directory.

10. Paste the above files into textures\actors\character\(follower/NPC name), overwriting if/when asked.

Note: Some followers will have their meshes/textures in the meshes, meshes/actors, meshes/actors/character/character assets, textures or textures/actors directories. Others may contain their own sub-directories/folders (i.e: Body, Hands, Head). In these cases, make sure the meshes/textures go into the appropriate folders, overwriting if/when asked.
If done correctly, any follower/NPC will now use whatever body meshes/textures your character is using in-game.

I haven't had to go this far, but now you have it...

In addition to what you copy-pasted from another article, afaik for racemenu support (using an interface like "the Manipulator" to use racemenu on a targeted NPC for fine or even "gross" tuning in-game), you'll also want to copy the female xxxxx.tri files from her meshes folder.

Further, presuming the NPC has their own named body parts path, you can also create your own meshes for a given NPC by outputting Bodyslide to a custom folder, then copying those over instead. As normal for racemenu support, you'll want to check the "build morphs" checkbox for generating the tri files needed by racemenu. PS> by doing it this way, you can also create your own defacto "bodyslide" for an NPC who uses that content, simply by saving the preset used (tweaked or otherwise) under a new name that refers to the NPC on which you're acting, which will of course allow you to also fit clothing for that "rebodied" NPC, very useful is if she has an, or many outfits that will be her exclusive domain. (not exactly a bodyslide, since you'll still have to manually direct - via settings > advance - the output to some dummy folder, then move the assets into your NPC's folder manually, or redirect the output to the NPC's folder, remembering to reset it afterwards for normal use with your own character)

The easiest thing to do it modify the plugin for the follower to use the meshes and textures you are already using. If it's a standard race, just delete all the body path data and it will use what is already associated with the race record. If it's a custom race, you can edit the body information to point to the default meshes and textures. You can then delete the meshes and textures from the follower mod. This is more efficient because the mod is now smaller and the game has to load less data.

Edited by blitzen

sure, but easy isn't always the "best" and truth is, customizing followers, while not "simple", is far easier than it looks when one first tries it.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is to not download follower or NPC mods that offer features you're not interested in in the first place.

Another issue with modifying followers with oversized racks. If the follower mod has a outfit for the follower it will not suit the new body. Happened to me. I liked a particular follower mods head but not the body. Swapped the body then the out fit stood of the chest a goodly amount. Yes fixable, but another issue to address.