Next Gen DSI?

TheDrakeRaider

Hello, relatively new to these forums, scold and forgive me if I break ettiquette, I would be willing to learn.

Now, this is asking alot, but there are three things we need to get Dark Souls to surpass itself again, and look even Next-Gen level. I don't know who I'm asking, or if I'm even asking for a large scale project, but if it were pulled off it would be amazing.

A) Cloth Simulation. The hardest, and most optional one, it would have to go on a texture-by-texture basis or something. I don't even know how you could inject it. I decided to to some reading about it before the suggestion, and it is possible in DX9, but again, I'm totally outta my league here. If it could be done.... The formost problem with the native game's animations would be solved. Capes, dresses.... we all know how stiff they look... It would be worth it if we had flow like that in the DSII demos, though that level of quality isn't necissary. Just making it look less like cardboard.

B) Secondarily, animated texture overrides, like via GIF files, or say, subfolders in the Tex-Override folder with texture variants labeled by frame. Picture Vurt's foliage blowing in the wind.

C) Animated atmospheric overlays. Like raindrops falling and hitting/running down the camera in upper regions of the world, or in Oolacile Township, fog creeping up in Darkroot Basin obscuring the looming Hydra and Golums... Snow blowing in the night in Ariamis and the Asylum, with frost gripping the camera again.... optional, of course, due to the interferance these have with visibility, but... It would be beautiful if done right. I think this is the easiest one to pull off, though I could be wrong, but the trick is keeping the effects from impacting the Hud Layer, and being drawn behind it.

Additionally, as has been mentioned elsewhere by others, the 300mb limit on Tex_Override has to be fixed.... It can get noticible with alot of mods loaded.
And, lastly, does anyone know if there's a varient of SweetFX, or something of the sort, that applies seperately to the 2D and 3D layers, so that we can, say, ramp up the bloom (If you really wanted too,) or make the video monochrome whilst keeping the hud elements and text unmodified, or Vice-Versa?

Anyone have any ideas on this?