R&D XCOM Map Alterations

Amineri

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this count as R&D xD?: The XYZ vector in TheWorld.PersistentLevel.XComLevelVolume.XComWorldData sets the area in which aliens spawn, it doesn't alter pathing. but it creates a "wall of darkness" : aliens inside cannot see the outside. Also, outside the 9x9 area I made the red level border doesn't show. Edit: WorldBounds control the Red border ( d'oh )http://i59.tinypic.com/2s0iyqc.jpghttp://i59.tinypic.com/29blz4x.jpg

Edited by LiQuiD911

Ehm bad news: Moving the MinVector of WorldBounds moves the red border box, BUT it moves all the cover with it, leaving the GFX in it's place, including the preview border of a move. Those 2 vectors bound the camera, you cannot scroll pass the border but if a soldier moves past it, the camera follows,as long you don't touch the edges of the screen.The values of WorldBounds are multiples of 96

Ok found out how to move the origin of the Level volume, it's a vector in TheWorld.PersistentLevel.XComLevelVolume . A unit cannot walk or throw a granade outside it. Is it a 3d model? If so, how could we edit it? I moved it in facemelt to see if the units can walk in the blocked area, it seems that there is a volume wall(doesn't block path preview) besides the red wall(blocks path preview)

Edited by LiQuiD911

I have successfuly moved the extraction volume on my favourite map at this moment,facemelt xD. It's controlled by XComBuildingVolume'TheWorld.PersistentLevel.XComBuildingVolume having ArchetypeRef: 0x00000002 -> SoldierSpawns_DrpshipVol_Arc0, just edit the vector. I still have no idea where are the particle emiters for the blue highlight .The higlight is an actor TheWorld.PersistentLevel.XComLevelActor with ArchetypeRef: 0x00000037 -> SoldierSpawns_DrpshipVol_12Arc0 (i had to GREP through all of the actors, facemelt did not have it so I streamed it) It still needs a bit of fine tuning (: http://i59.tinypic.com/2lc7ac1.jpg

Edited by LiQuiD911

Thanks (: I think we can move around council missions on diffrent maps bases by making different streams (the volumes must be relocated of course) ... if we find how to selecet streams from the avaliable. I've managed to resize the world volume but it's a pain, In the Static mesh objects( I have to recheck to be sure that these are the ones ) there are series of 3d points which can be modified. Do you think there is an easy way to export them? Is there a command that replaces ALL occurences of [bEFORE_HEX] with [AFTER_HEX] or a write float command that moves the write pointer? (at the moment I am manualy moving the local offset before each float write)

Edited by LiQuiD911

LiQuiD911, you're a second person, who requested this functionality. :smile: I'll start working on it ASAP.

Examples:

REPLACE=12 34 : 56 78
REPLACE_ALL=12 34 : 56 78
Keys will be scope-sensitive, i.e. replacement will occur inside current scope only. First implementation will require exact match of before and after data block length.

Will this be enough?

BTW, you can use AFTER_CODE key/section to write sequences of values. Example:

AFTER_CODE=<%f 1.5> <%f 2> <%f 2.5>
Edited by wghost81