R&D XCOM Map Alterations

Amineri

Now I know why an attempt to move LZ with a "wrong" stream file sometimes failed:

[0015.38] Warning: SpawnActor failed because class PlayerStart has bStatic or bNoDelete
[0015.38] Warning: SpawnActor failed because class XComBuildingVolume has bStatic or bNoDelete
[0015.38] Warning: SpawnActor failed because class PointInSpace has bStatic or bNoDelete
Log file while trying to mod URB_Bar map.

This means, that any attempt to respawn those objects without removing those flags first will fail.

Fun part is, while I was rewriting functions in hex, I always used A.Location to set new location. But this variable is actually constant! :smile: And A.SetLocation(NewLocation) isn't moving the actors I want to move. Hex editing might be better than using a compiler sometimes. :smile:

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Common cold is good for R&D. :smile:

I moved it: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=312614338

With config file.

With UDK.

With Mutators.

Wow! :smile:

I was forced to hard-remove bStatic and bNoDelete flags from PlayerStart, XComBuildingVolume and PointInSpace. Patcher modfile:

UPK_FILE=XComGame.upk

OBJECT=Default__PointInSpace
[FIND_CODE]
<bStatic>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x01>
<bNoDelete>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x01>
[MODDED_CODE]
<bStatic>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x00>
<bNoDelete>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x00>

OBJECT=Default__XComBuildingVolume:AUTO
[BEFORE_CODE]
<CollisionComponent>
<ObjectProperty>
<%u 0x00000004>
<%u 0x00000000>
<Default__XComBuildingVolume.BrushComponent0>
[AFTER_CODE]
<CollisionComponent>
<ObjectProperty>
<%u 0x00000004>
<%u 0x00000000>
<Default__XComBuildingVolume.BrushComponent0>
<bStatic>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x00>
<bNoDelete>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x00>

UPK_FILE=Engine.upk

OBJECT=Default__PlayerStart:AUTO
[BEFORE_CODE]
<CollisionComponent>
<ObjectProperty>
<%u 0x00000004>
<%u 0x00000000>
<Default__PlayerStart.CollisionCylinder>
[AFTER_CODE]
<CollisionComponent>
<ObjectProperty>
<%u 0x00000004>
<%u 0x00000000>
<Default__PlayerStart.CollisionCylinder>
<bStatic>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x00>
<bNoDelete>
<BoolProperty>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%u 0x00000000>
<%b 0x00>

I don't know if this will cause any problems, so, please, apply it and do an extensive testing, especially with Special missions maps. Those flags protect certain map objects from being moved and/or deleted, so it can possibly cause any number of glitches.

Edited by wghost81

I was curious why new dropship volumes work on Research Outpost Assault map. Turns out, they don't:

http://i.imgur.com/MAOUGGm.png

Green wireframe is dropship volume. And it wasn't moved.

BTW, this is why extraction zone borders don't count as valid for extraction on some maps: those blue borders are just FX object, actual extraction zone is determined by dropship volume.

Off the top of my head, I can't remember any map with truly different LZ. Except UFO maps, which have all three zones pre-placed and randomly selected by Kismet. Assault maps use existing spawn zone and extraction maps just spawn the squad away from LZ.

I don't understand, is it all functional? we can start moding all the maps? Outpost rescue changes the LZ from the default one. Wait, it doesn't.. Are you sure about the abduction? assault and rescue have that start,abduction starts at the other side.

Edited by LiQuiD911

I don't understand, is it all functional? we can start moding all the maps? Outpost rescue changes the LZ from the default one.

Yes, it is working. I'm amazed myself. :smile: Still need to test if removing those flags has any negative side-effect to make sure we OK.

Outpost rescue does not change LZ location (FX and volume), it simply moves squad spawn points.

AH wait, it's longwar that's messing with the map. I should really test with vanilla.

By the way,could this be a hint for the LOS component

[0018.19] Log: WARNING: Cooking Convex For Actor: CB2_MP_Blank.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.XComCutoutBox_0 Component: StaticMeshComponent_83 StaticMesh: FX_Visibility.Meshes.ASE_UnitCube (Scale: 1.000000 1.000000 1.000000) Please go and set PreCachedPhysScale on the mesh to have this scale for RunTime spawned objects.

Edited by LiQuiD911

> assault and rescue have that start,abduction starts at the other side.

No, it's a different map, introduced in EW. EW has several EU maps with no changes, but LZ relocation. May be they forgot about those flags and couldn't move LZ too. :smile:

> AH wait, it's longwar that's messing with the map.

In what way?

Hah, I never noticed that there are 2 outpost maps! My bad, I hadn't looked for that in the DefaultMaps.ini . Well , placing a copy for just a lz change is a pretty odd thing to do if you're the developer o_O Anyway I am calling it quits on the "advanced" modifications of maps, the data is too overcooked to work with xD

LOL, moving actors was a peace of cake looking at it now, it's just that nobody ever bothered to poke them around at random :D Yes the special mission objects have actors and volumes that can be moved with a vector, they carry their cover with them as long as their coordinates don't place the border in the middle of a grid square. Moved vehicles/walls,however leave their cover and LOS block. Even if I move the window component of a car, when it is destroyed the windows remain intact. The hull spawns new cover (but not LOS block) in it's new position. The level borders are nowhere to be found (by increasing the tile size of the map over it's intented value, the borders create a wierd pattern at the edge of the level)

On a side note, I was browsing at the voice files, did you know that there are profanity words in there? And comments for multikills too. I wonder there are plans on restoring those xD

Edited by LiQuiD911