New Vegas 4gb + NVSE

Highwayman300

I got the same problem and the launcher started everytime. My problem was the d3d9.dll in my New Vegas folder. I deleted it and now it works fine!

EDIT: The dll I used was from "Windows 7 Crash Fix". ENB dlls are working.

Edited by Mikaal

• 3 months later...

I am having a similar problem with the whole antivirus not letting it launch thing. i am using Norton security and when i try using the NVSE-loader.exe it tries to run then Norton tells me its not safe and it tried to harm my comp 5 different times. I don't know if Norton is just not used to the file but it keeps deleting NVSE and then i have to re install it. anyone have any idea why? and should i try disabling Norton?

@doryandnemo1522 It's not harmful, Norton is just overly paranoid because NVSE and other tools like FNV4GB inject a dll into the process. You should be able to add an exception for the program(s) so it will be allowed to run.

@omgbubbz Well... THAT COMMENT ISN'T HELPFUL EITHER!

• 1 month later...

Ok guys, for the people still not able to run nvse with 4gb, check to see if you have d3d9.dll. then if you have file extensions visible, add a .blocked, .old, or any other extension that will make it not function as a dll. Then, load fnv4g.exe, exit out of the launcher, run it again, exit out, and change d3d9.dll back to it's original name. That's what fixed mine! :dance:

Edited by shadowreaper753

• 4 months later...

If the fallout launch screen shows up 4GB is not working. Your game should launch immediately.

This happened to me because the steam appid is different for the ultimate edition. Check your appid; I used the flag -steamappid 22490

• 2 years later...

hi dear Roy. i have 1 question. are you create of FNW 4GB Patcher?

i can run it and open 1 command page and say pres 1 key to continue but how can knows my game can use 4G Ram now?

The appid -22490 is for the ENCZPLRU version.

The appid -22490 is for the ENCZPLRU version.

• 3 weeks later...