Greatest game series of the decade?

Zaldir

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TES series is the best because of the ability to add mods.

I often spent as much time finding and setting up mods and the programs that allow them to run, as playing the TES games. I would search daily for new mods to enhance the TES experience. The Mods were half the fun. You never knew what new mod might become available.

GTA for me, was not nearly as fun to play.

TES by far is a more engaging series for me.

@ gzito123
Your point isn't exactly universal. I've played both series of shooters, and I'm leaning towards ewi65's opinion.

Edited by ZeroKing

In response to post #9232076. #9232446, #9232893, #9238801, #9250642, #9261620, #9301712, #9316047, #9318023 are all replies on the same post.

Not even a huge fan of Skyrim as it's one of the weakest games in the series, but hell at least on console I managed to get on it, the online for GTA 5 was one of the sole reasons I got the game and it turns out the online is completely f*cked, as in can't even get on it f*cked.

I liked the GTA franchise a lot but then I just got bored with the gangster thing, which is why I really liked Saints Row 3 and IV. Saints started off as a GTA knock off but with a bit more levity, but then they totally ditched the gangster thing and went totally over the top and turned it into a National Lampoon comedy. And while I wasn't a fan of Morrowind and Oblivion kind of bored me without mods, Skyrim entertained me lot even before the good mods started being released. The world just was awesome, and finally being able to decapitate enemies without a mod was nice, it had werewolves that were very impressive looking, and the vampires were a huge improvement over earlier games. In short, I'd have to vote for ES if the poll was still open. And I would use the mods as a deciding factor since Bethesda made it very easy to do, so its only fair they get some credit for that.

Skyrim did make a few mistakes, the way scripts are built into the saves was dumb since the clean save route doesn't work anymore like it did in NV. And script based mods are a bit more of a pain than they were for Oblivion and NV but I'm still hoping the next Fallout uses the same engine and that the characters look as good as they do in Skyrim.

In response to post #9232076. #9232446, #9232893, #9238801, #9250642, #9261620, #9301712, #9316047, #9318023, #9405081 are all replies on the same post.

okay, it was actually expected that this would happen. reason why? because everyone who got GTA V got on the servers at the same time. right now, there are still some bugs from it and they are being worked out as we speak. all you need to do now is be patient