Greatest game series of the decade?

Zaldir

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to pick a game series that would be Diablo. I am between Elder Scrolls and Diablo but Diablo was the game series I grew up with and has a special place in my gaming heart. I still can't forget the excitement I had when I completed the sorcereress's set at Diablo II Tal Rasha's Wrappings; it was such a pain. :happy:

Edited by nikpav

In response to post #9303554. #9382441 is also a reply to the same post.

Guess you've never played TESIII: Morrowind then...vanilla still blows away pretty much every other sandbox game that came after it, including GTA V Edited by Darigaz17

ES5 any day. Been playing it for almost 2 years now without touching any other game although that's mainly due to the amazig mods offered here.

I pray for an ES6 but doubt it will ever happen.

This is f*#@ing glorious. It's a number's game, you twats, obviously whichever game has more fans is going to win. Just because a game has more fans doesnt make it better. Look at the Elder Scrolls; Skyrim has legions of fans, yet the hardcore fans always say Morrowind is still the best in the series. Lets compare CoD with Fallout, shall we? CoD obviously has more fans than Fallout, yet, what is CoD but a 5 hour campaign followed by hundreds of hours of the same, repetitive multiplayer? The base vanilla version of Fallout provides the same amount of entertainment, let alone the sheer amount that the modding community provides. Not only that, but the pairings are crooked, they paired up the games with oceans of fans against games with cult followings, with only a few exceptions. Theyre just pandering to all the hyped-up GTA fans, look at all the games it was paired up against; Mario Kart, Far Cry, Souls, Batman: Arkam, then Mass Effect and finally ES, why wasnt the "legendary" gta put up against Halo, COD, Super Mario, or Final Fantasy? It's obvious theyre just using the timing to bend over a barrel, shaking their derriere in the air, waiting for Rockstar and all the hyped up "fans" of GTA's manhood to conquer the area. They just want attention like a fatherless Playboy model without regrets.

I would have voted for Fallout all the way, I've been hooked since the first one. The Fallout series has one of the best re-play values, in my opinion, not to mention the amazing character interplay (excluding Fallout:Tactics of course) and gritty, engaging format. I enjoyed the Elder Scrolls series, but never really felt worried about my characters survival or ability to actually overcome the final challenges. The "skin of your teeth" feel in Fallout really helped get me into the game. I am somewhat inclined towards post-apocalyptic scenarios in general though, my favorite movies growing up being titles like "A boy and his dog" (a direct influence on Fallout) and the Mad Max series.