Skyrim crash on load

Ulfric1

Ok, so I'm experiencing crashes whenever I try to load my game(1-2 seconds after the first load screen pops up)...I haven't changed load orders, active mods, anything externally. My save file is 6.7 MB and I've spent 15 hours in the game so far.

Normally I would be happy to move on and start a new game, but this is the third time this has happened to me. It seems to happen after I've been playing a game for a little while: this time it happened near Solitude, the last time it happened in Whiterun Keep, and before that just outside of Whiterun. The only common thing is the amount of time invested. Won't someone please, please help me? :ermm:

I can post the save if that would help(and if its allowed of course). Oh and one other thing, I'm using SKSE.

Plugins List

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Dragonborn.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 61 ITM, 8 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • ApachiiHair.esm Active
  • RaceCompatibility.esm Active
  • AOM.esm
  • AP Skyrim.esm
  • HmmWhatToWear.esm Active
  • SexLab.esm Active
  • SkyMoMod.esm
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
  • Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev}}
  • ColorfulLightsNoShadows.esp Active
  • AOM.esp
  • CalienteVanillaArmorTweaks.esp
  • Dead Body Collision.esp Active
  • LoversComfort.esp Active
  • marriagedynamicoutfits.esp Active
  • ScenicCarriages.esp
  • SkyMoMod Lore-Friendly Standard.esp
    • Note: Use only one SkyMoMod Lore esp.
    • Requires: SkyMoMod v10
  • Convenient Horses.esp
    • Note: Do not clean. "Dirty" edits are intentional and required for the mod to function.
  • Player Size Adjuster.esp Active
  • SkyUI.esp Active
  • forsworn-trouble.esp Active
  • Immersive Weapons.esp Active
  • LayerBikini.esp Active
  • One handed Crossbow.esp Active
  • R18Pn - Inner Wear Set.esp
  • R18Pn - Eisen Platte Armor.esp
  • Tera Val Tirkai - UNPB BBP.esp Active
  • Tribunal Maskes by Zairaam.esp Active
  • Tribunal Robes by Zairaam.esp Active
  • Destroy the Thieves Guild.esp Active
  • AncientDBarmorTSedition.esp
  • GrassOnSteroids_NaturalEdition_Vanilla.esp
  • KillEssential.esp Active
  • Marriage Expanded.esp Active
  • NonEssentialChildren.esp Active
  • SexLab Romance.esp Active
  • TRO_BasicNeeds.esp
  • Spell Levitate.esp Active
  • Skyrim Perk Enhancements.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 1 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp Active
  • 3DNPC.esp Active
  • UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp Active
    • Note: For safe install need dismiss all your followers, save, delete all included mods, load again, save and install UFO. For safe uninstall or update see special instructions on mod page.
    • Contains dirty edits: 18 ITM, 0 UDR records Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 18 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 29 ITM, 18 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Bandit Start.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 9 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Necromancer Start.esp
    • Contains dirty edits: 3 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.
  • Basvanbeu MuscleTextureChanger with Navetsea set.esp
  • CharacterMakingExtender.esp Active
  • DeadlyMutilation.esp
  • dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp Active
    • Note: Ragdolls will conflict with other mods that change the skeleton.nif. Check Custom Skeleton Replacers for compatibly with other skeleton.nif.
  • EnhancedCharacterEdit.esp Active

Hi ulfric nice to meet afellow stormcloak :laugh:

I read your boss log and to me its obvious why your game crash.

According to your boss log you need to clean your mods with TES5EDIT (especially your update,dragonborn,dawnguard and hearthfire plugins) and check the ultimate follower overhaul mod, If you had any followers before you installed it you need to uninstall it again,Uninstall the mod,Dismiss all your followers and install it again.

for the realistic ragdoll mod you need to check the description of the mod.

Check the TES5EDIT cleaning tutorial guide here http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial

And dont worry about the load order so much,As long as youre connected to the internet boss will automatically sort your load order from the latest updated list when you run it.

Hope it helps :smile:

Edited by thomriis

Hi ulfric nice to meet afellow stormcloak :laugh:

I read your boss log and to me its obvious why your game crash.

According to your boss log you need to clean your mods with TES5EDIT (especially your update,dragonborn,dawnguard and hearthfire plugins) and check the ultimate follower overhaul mod, If you had any followers before you installed it you need to uninstall it again,Uninstall the mod,Dismiss all your followers and install it again.

for the realistic ragdoll mod you need to check the description of the mod.

Check the TES5EDIT cleaning tutorial guide here http://www.creationkit.com/TES5Edit_Mod_Cleaning_Tutorial

And dont worry about the load order so much,As long as youre connected to the internet boss will automatically sort your load order from the latest updated list when you run it.

Hope it helps :smile:

Hail son of Skyrim! :smile:

Should I clean official DLCs though? That's what those mods are, unless you mean I should clean the unofficial Skyrim patches? And nope, I've been using UFO since I started my game.

Thanks and I'll check out ragdoll and the cleaning tool.

Edit: I don't see anything in Ragdolls that would cause a conflict.

Edited by Ulfric1

No for gods sake dont clean the unofficial patches and that goes for Skyrim esm as well you could destroy the game DONT CLEAN THOSE.

I know it sounds odd, But Bethesda dosnt clean their own addons but they dont leave any dirty edits that might cause conflicts if youre only playing Vanilla style with the dlcs i guess theyre a bit lazy sometimes :down:

Follow the automated cleaning tutorial for the Update esm. dragonborn esm , dawnguard esm and hearthfire esm, read the boss log and follow the same procedure for your other plugins that needs cleaning. It will certainly make Skyrim a lot more stable :thumbsup:

May Talos Guide You.

No for gods sake dont clean the unofficial patches and that goes for Skyrim esm as well you could destroy the game DONT CLEAN THOSE.

I know it sounds odd, But Bethesda dosnt clean their own addons but they dont leave any dirty edits that might cause conflicts if youre only playing Vanilla style with the dlcs i guess theyre a bit lazy sometimes :down:

Follow the automated cleaning tutorial for the Update esm. dragonborn esm , dawnguard esm and hearthfire esm, read the boss log and follow the same procedure for your other plugins that needs cleaning. It will certainly make Skyrim a lot more stable :thumbsup:

May Talos Guide You.

Alright, I did it but I don't think it helped my save. Still crashes on load screen. :(

The only file I haven't cleaned is the alternative start, and that should have dirty edits right?

I read somewhere that the alternate start mod could cause the game to crash try disabling that.

one safe way to troubleshoot is to uncheck all your mods and see if you can get in-game,uncheck all of them except Skyrim esm and

Update esm.

If you get in-game try enable them one by one to find the one causing trrouble, I had the same problem as you before i started using boss and tes5edit and it always worked for me by the way is this steam or a non-steam version ??,do you run the game as administrator ?

If you're crashing with Alternate you either don't have it in the right place or you're running a dodgy Skyrim ;)

Use BOSS for load order and Tes5edit to test load order and asjust said load order via NMM once Tes5edit has done it's check.

If you've removed mods which used scripting then your save might be busted.

Try starting a new game, run around a bit and save. Quit game and load it back up.

Hmmm Weird they should not bust up.

Maybe you need a reinstall ??? one advice would be never to install to many of the same kind of mods.

I think you should start over, Unistall everything , Reinstall Skyrim legendary edition, install Skse , install NMM or Wrye smash, Install 10-20 mods, Check if you can get in-game , install boss and run it , install tes5edit and clean what boss tells you . if you do this the proper way youll have a smasher time with skyrim, also got the legendary edition and it crashes about 2 times a week with about 120 mods i would say BEARABLE :smile: