Problem with looting Gunjar

lthesneaker

Hi everybody,

I installed Skyrim Special Edition yesterday from Steam. I tried to install mods manually so it was more immersive, but as it was my very first time, I probably did something wrong.

The point is that in the first mission the game closes when I try to loot Gunjar corpse, so when I press E it closes.

I tried activating and deactivating the mods, but the result was the same.

I'm thinking to uninstall and install it again, this time without mods, and after the first mission, installing the mods from the same game (in the Mods menu).

What do you think?

If you crashed when trying to loot a particular container, corpse or NPC, it is likely that an object with a corrupted mesh (NIF file) was trying to be loaded.

Since this was your first time applying mods to Skyrim, you should be aware that there are mods for the 32 bit original version of Skyrim and mods for the 64 bit "special edition" of Skyrim. Most cannot be interchanged, at least not without some effort. The reason for stating this is that one possibility for the crash would be having had installed a mesh / texture replacer mod for 32 bit Skyrim and the mesh in use not compatible with 64 bit Skyrim.

Without tracking down the cause of the crash and resolving it (i.e. remove that mod or fix the file(s)), the crash will likely continue the next time that particular object needs to be loaded. Thus putting off installing the mods will only get you past that one spot and not solve that actual issue.

Now that said, if you will be using the stock start, waiting to install most mods until exiting the Helgen cave or at least after the hands have been freed is good practice. The stock start is extremely sensitive and can be disrupted fairly easily and cause all sorts of issues from flipping carts to NPCs not being where they are supposed to be.