[LE] Reference and Bones in Outfit Studio

LaurenXIV

Hi :smile:

Some time ago, I decided that I would try to add some Star Wars armors into Skyrim. I'm a complete novice, I have never created a mod for a game before and I wasn't really sure what I was doing. I had a mesh, textures etc, but things... didn't entirely go to plan. The textures were all very shiny or looked strange, and the arms and legs of my body reference (UNP Skinny) clipped through the armor in a way inflate and deflate couldn't fix. I asked for help, but I kinda doubted that I had the capability to create a mod, so I abandoned my project.

But I'm making another attempt, this time with a different mesh/textures. I think I've fixed the shiny texture issues (it isn't perfect, I think the shininess might be a little too dull, but it's fine for me), and the mesh is a better fit for the reference body (the legs fit perfectly). But I still have issues trying to make the armor mesh fit the reference. The arms still clip through the armor, like they are at a completely different angle, and I've again reached the point where I'm not sure what to do, and none of the tutorials I've found are really helpful in helping me fix this.

This is what I have:

cgstxMC.png

So, I'd like to know if there's a method I can use to make the armor fit the body reference without needing to make alterations in Blender. I'm not even sure if it will matter that the arms are at a different angle tbh, but I'm guessing it does. Whenever I try to see the bones, the arms really don't match, and that's another thing tutorials are failing to help me understand.

Any help is appreciated :smile: