Attaching a script to a drink.

DavaScript

I'm a little new to the GECK, and I'm coming from the Oblivion Construction Set. Using the Construction Set with OBSE, I've simply used the "OnDrinkPotion" event handler to trigger when the player drinks a potion. Seeing that there is no such event handler for New Vegas, I'm having a little trouble with this simple task. How would I handle this?

I'm pretty rookie with it myself, but what sort of effect are you trying to have happen with this script?

Just for the script to say "Hi" when the player drinks, let's say, a beer.

XD Fair. I think I have an idea, but let me boot up the GECK again tonight or tomorrow morning, and I'll let you know. Because I have the idea, but not the words to describe what I'm thinking lol. I need to poke around at it myself anyway, so I'll check this quickly when I'm at it.

I'm pretty rookie with it myself, but what sort of effect are you trying to have happen with this script?

Just for the script to say "Hi" when the player drinks, let's say, a beer.

XD Fair. I think I have an idea, but let me boot up the GECK again tonight or tomorrow morning, and I'll let you know. Because I have the idea, but not the words to describe what I'm thinking lol. I need to poke around at it myself anyway, so I'll check this quickly when I'm at it.

I appreciate the help :)

I too am kind of green when it comes to scripting, but I do a lot of work with dialogue and I always use the IsSpellTarget and then point to the ingestible I want it to reference, since each drink has it's own spell. Regular scripts might be different from my dialogue uses though, so please feel free to disregard if I'm blowing wind :laugh: