ingame texture switcher?

Horrd

hey there,

I don't know if this will become a real request, but I wondered if anyone of you knows a mod or a command that lets you load a certain texture file for an npc ingame, instead of the standard texture.

I searched the forums for information about that topic but couldn't find...

what I want to do is, use clothes made for other body replacers than the one I use. problem is of course, that the skin parts of the outfit are covered with the texture for the BR I use. but if the outfit is made for another BR mesh, the skin parts are usually messed up. so it would be handy, if you could just select an npc and load the matching texture... but only for this npc, not anyone else...

it'd be cool to have such a thing as a mod (scripted and especially savable), if this is even possible... especially because I don't want to open the console and type in a command everytime the textures for that npc is reloaded, for loading a game or simply leaving the area...

thanks,

Horrid

thanks for replying :)

hmmm, that's what I suspected :(

haven't tried geck myself yet... but I think that should be worth giving it a try....

but I also think, if it was possible... perhaps someone has an idea about that... it'd be a great advancement of the groovatron ;)

- Horrid

hmm...

as I found out by myself now, a npc is only defined via its face - of course.... because the body is always generic, depending on age and gender, there is no such property to edit on a certain npc... :(

therefore it can only be edited for all npcs, that use the same texture, at once... but not seperately...

correct me if I'm wrong here...

unfortunately meshes for armors (+body) are handled seperately, but textures are not...

it'd be gread to just throw the matching "femaleupperbody.dds" into the texture folder of a certain armor and have it loaded instead of the standard one, if that armor is worn... :(

- Horrid

Archived