My UNOFFICIAL Review On Anchorage

Site Bot

Article link: My UNOFFICIAL Review On Anchorage

Heya Folks! Alan here, going to write a review on Fallout 3's first DLC. (This review might be subject to some overhauls :P)

Operation Anchorage is explosive (very, and has PLENTY of action for all you action junkies ;), but the rides over too soon and it leaves you wanting more.

I wont reveal too much (I hope xD) but the how you get the quest is simply picking up some random signal (of course only if you HAVE the actual DLC and loaded it). You will then trek through the southern bit of the map to find that the action has begun without you. You fight some familiar enemies (nothing new yet :() and then reach the base, take the lift then you are taken to one of the coolest interiors I have seen. Then you talk to some dude to get some quest then you go to another dude and then he takes you to another gal then you sit on a seat mounted on a pod and then the fun begins :) :).

Once y0u arrive in Virtual Alaska.. BLAMM!!! KAZAMM! BLAMMO!!! CHA ZANG!!! AWESOME CHANGO! COMMIES! WOOOT!.

Basically. Awesome.

Well I wont say what happens but you are given a choice to go stealthy or (as I did) guns blazing. I forgot to mention, all your stuff is gone. Yup all of it, except some quest items and you are instead given some really awesome looking armour, a silenced 10mm pistol and a sweet trench knife. You may also notice that you don't have any stimpacks and there are dispensers scattered around the place (ammo health etc), this feature makes the game feel a lot more challenging and tactical. After I finished the first quest I was amazed, there were holodisks that provived a insight to what the hell is going on and very nice skirmishes. One word, AWESOME

After finishing the first mission you are given a strike team, which is quite neat as much of the action ahead will require your team (unless you are playing easy or a uber decked out sunovabitch). I loved the freedom of picking which mission to carry out but wished that there was more variety... Which brings me to my hated part of my review. THE BAD.

One of the main bad points is the variety of missions, quite simply the main bulk is, KILL THE COMMIES, with a few search and destroy here and there (EPIC SPLOSIONS). Also there are a quite a few glitches that require reloading and other methods to fix (including team commands dont work).

Operation Anchorage is fun and explosive but needs some polish and mission variety. Overall...

8/10

'Solid and fun but a bit too action oriented'

-Alan

Archived