my new dogmeat (rudi)

C93

can a confiedent modder plz download my dogmeat file and add the standad Dogmeat diolog for me as i do not no how to work diolog and canot fiqure it out. my only other request is that were ever it says dogmeat can you plz change it to "Rudi" with a capital plz. And then repost it for me. ( its what my real dog is called). any help would realyyyy be appreciaed.

plus only optional if you managed to secure "slofs alsation dogmeat" before he blocked it (or any alsation) could you plz retexture him aswell plzzzzzz. PS im not trying to get someone to do some work so that i acn re post it as my own, i purely want this for personal use but if you want to post it be my guest. plz help!!!!!

Ok, NOW that this is in the correct place, lets get started with this:

Question 1: did you created a new npc, or are you replacing dogmeat?.

Apart from that, IF what you want is to replace dogmeat, here's roughly how:

First, you open the geck (duh), go to actors->creature->animal, and look for FFEU255Dogmeat.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z226/BlankBeoulve/dog-1.jpg

Double click there, and now on the menu that appears, change the dog's name.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z226/BlankBeoulve/dog2.jpg

Click ok. Now, you want to edit the dialogues so that people refer to him as [insert_dog_name_here] instead of dogmeat, for that:

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z226/BlankBeoulve/dog3.jpg

Click on the talk bubble icon (1), browse through the 'filter by npc' and find FFEU255Dogmeat there (2), and edit the dialog lines (what you say in text to the dog, see 3) for each of the entries on the list pointed at as (4).

Edit each of them, click ok, save your mod, and activate as usual.

thanx dude i really didnt have a clue b4. :thanks: By any chance does any one have a alsation retexture that i can use or no of a decent one? (i know about slof's one - very good mod - but he has blocked his:( )

thanx dude i really didnt have a clue b4. :thanks: By any chance does any one have a alsation retexture that i can use or no of a decent one? (i know about slof's one - very good mod - but he has blocked his:( )

You know what? Good news for you! Just open the Fallout - Textures.bsa with the FO3 Mod Manager and filter "dogdad.dds". The alsatian texture is vanilla. Extract it and do an easy replacement or better yet, make a texture set or a different nif and edit just dogmeat.

You know what? Good news for you! Just open the Fallout - Textures.bsa with the FO3 Mod Manager and filter "dogdad.dds". The alsatian texture is vanilla. Extract it and do an easy replacement or better yet, make a texture set or a different nif and edit just dogmeat.

thanks 4 the help but i didnt have f03 mod manger b4 and dont no which menu to open. could you plz go into a bit more detail plz. (sorry)

thanks 4 the help but i didnt have f03 mod manger b4 and dont no which menu to open. could you plz go into a bit more detail plz. (sorry)

scratch that sorry i was clicking around and found it!!! thanks 4 the help guys!!!!

Let's make a new nif just for dogmeat, for example.

Place the new texture in textures/creatures/dog/

Then you'll have to use the nifskope. Open the dog.nif in meshes/creatures/dog, change the texture and save it as a NEW FILE in the same folder, as seen in the attachment.

Then you will only have to change the model of dogmeat in his GECK modellist.

Let's make a new nif just for dogmeat, for example.

Place the new texture in textures/creatures/dog/

Then you'll have to use the nifskope. Open the dog.nif in meshes/creatures/dog, change the texture and save it as a NEW FILE in the same folder, as seen in the attachment.

Then you will only have to change the model of dogmeat in his GECK modellist.

kk ive just downloaded nif skope but to install it it needs to no what program made it. do u no which?

Archived