how do I Rescue a Prisoner from a jail cell?

ltknight88

I want to make your basic "Go rescue the princess in the castle" type of quest.

I've got my "Bad guy base Detention area" all set.

But then I put the princess in the jail cell, fire up Skyrim and by the time I get there, she is already walking out of the building on her own.

Dammit! I can't rescue you if you save yourself!

How do I get an NPC to stay put?

I'd like it to start out like the Dark Brotherhood captives in the Abandoned Shack. With the bound wrists and executioner's hood, in a jail cell. Then when I heroically come through the door, I can pick the lock, and free her, give her a sword, and then we both fight our way out.

Can anyone point me to the right link or tutorial so I can make my quest so i feel like a big hero??

Thanks!

LTK

And is there a way to position a dead body? I want to place a dead NPC face up in a hallway, or maybe slumped against a wall. Put when I position the NPC in the creation kit, I can only make them stand upright. And then when I load the cell - the NPC is always face down.

Thanks!

Both points i would like to know too, already tried out some AI packages like 'holdposlinkref', but on a shackle its just working for a few seconds, then the character falls out himself.

Also for dead bodies or skeletons it would be nice to know how to place themon a shackle.

• 2 years later...

And is there a way to position a dead body? I want to place a dead NPC face up in a hallway, or maybe slumped against a wall. Put when I position the NPC in the creation kit, I can only make them stand upright. And then when I load the cell - the NPC is always face down.

Thanks!

Thanks Sjogga!!

This one I know how to do...

Make your NPC you want dead... place whatever loot you want them to have in their pockets (via the character Inventory tab) then place them in the spot in your cell where you want them to be dead.

Double click on them and tick "Starts Dead"

You don't really have control how they will end up, but when you load the level you will find them dead at that spot. Havoc Physics takes care of the placement of the body.

They just crumple and fall. Depending on which skeletin the Player has installed it might be vanilla and stiff looking or in the case of the XP skeleton it might look better.

It also helps to apply Blood Decals (DecalBloodSprayGround) around the area to show they died horribly.

Thanks!

See this post. It worked for me.

But then I put the princess in the jail cell, fire up Skyrim and by the time I get there, she is already walking out of the building on her own.

I'd like it to start out like the Dark Brotherhood captives in the Abandoned Shack. With the bound wrists and executioner's hood, in a jail cell. Then when I heroically come through the door, I can pick the lock, and free her, give her a sword, and then we both fight our way out.

Can anyone point me to the right link or tutorial so I can make my quest so i feel like a big hero??

Thanks!

LTK

Make an AI template using SitTarget

then make an AI Package especially for your NPC Princess. Make SURE that there are no extra AI Packages above the SitTarget Package you just made. To get here to follow you, put Potential Follower Faction on her in the Factions tab. Make sure it is set to -1 so you can have her follow you when you free here. (Also if you make her exceptionally hot and want to use her as a wife, add the Potential Marriage Faction)

In the case of a princess in a jail cell I would suggest WallShackleMarker. (Who doesn't put a beautiful princess in wall shackles.. I mean come on!) Place ImpWallShackles with the marker and slightly below it, so it looks right when she is shackled. You kinda gotta fiddle with it. (I suggest making a test cell and do the entire process there first to get it to look and act right)

place the Princes NPC near the WallShackleMarker

Place an Xmarker on the floor.

Link Ref the WallShackleMarker to the Xmarker.

Link your damsel in distress to X Marker

Click on NPC and click Edit Base

Go to the Special AI Package you made for her in the AI Packages Tab and open it with a double click

in the Package window which comes up click on the Package Tab you will see an empty box titled "Public Package Data"

Right click and choose new, you will see the word target and then notice to the right that the Selected Package Data has become available.

click on the button just below type and select the WallShackle Marker as your reference. The Public Package Data should change to reflect what you just did.

Save your progress!

Place all components of your scene in jail cell. (Make sure door is locked.. its a jail cell after all. Might be a good idea to create a key that opens the jail cell and add it to the guards via their Inventory Tab... see Darkfox127's Tutorial on Functional Keys on Youtube on how to do this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qz3WvPkchw

Make sure components are all linked as in above ^^

Once you release her you should be able to have her follow you and give her equipment like any normal follower.

To make it more interesting make a dialogue scene where you talk to her before letting her free. Personally I would Lydia her and make her swear to carry My burdens and to serve Me faithfully, but hey that's just because I am a freak like that LOL. :cool:

There is some type of Script you could also use but I don't know the scripts that well. Google that and learn.

Thanks!

See this post. It worked for me.

Same thing I just told him in the above thread....

Thanks!

LTK

Make an AI template using SitTarget

then make an AI Package especially for your NPC Princess. Make SURE that there are no extra AI Packages above the SitTarget Package you just made. To get here to follow you, put Potential Follower Faction on her in the Factions tab. Make sure it is set to -1 so you can have her follow you when you free here. (Also if you make her exceptionally hot and want to use her as a wife, add the Potential Marriage Faction)

In the case of a princess in a jail cell I would suggest WallShackleMarker. (Who doesn't put a beautiful princess in wall shackles.. I mean come on!) Place ImpWallShackles with the marker and slightly below it, so it looks right when she is shackled. You kinda gotta fiddle with it. (I suggest making a test cell and do the entire process there first to get it to look and act right)

place the Princes NPC near the WallShackleMarker

Place an Xmarker on the floor.

Link Ref the WallShackleMarker to the Xmarker.

Link your damsel in distress to X Marker

Click on NPC and click Edit Base

Go to the Special AI Package you made for her in the AI Packages Tab and open it with a double click

in the Package window which comes up click on the Package Tab you will see an empty box titled "Public Package Data"

Right click and choose new, you will see the word target and then notice to the right that the Selected Package Data has become available.

click on the button just below type and select the WallShackle Marker as your reference. The Public Package Data should change to reflect what you just did.

Save your progress!

Place all components of your scene in jail cell. (Make sure door is locked.. its a jail cell after all. Might be a good idea to create a key that opens the jail cell and add it to the guards via their Inventory Tab... see Darkfox127's Tutorial on Functional Keys on Youtube on how to do this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qz3WvPkchw

Make sure components are all linked as in above ^^

Once you release her you should be able to have her follow you and give her equipment like any normal follower.

To make it more interesting make a dialogue scene where you talk to her before letting her free. Personally I would Lydia her and make her swear to carry My burdens and to serve Me faithfully, but hey that's just because I am a freak like that LOL. :cool:

There is some type of Script you could also use but I don't know the scripts that well. Google that and learn.

And THAT solves the old question of how to creat a Darkbrotherhood Dawnstar Torture room as well by the way...

Exact same process...

To have them give up info on treasure though you have to create dialogue and use the same scripts the torture victims use. Look at the DB Torture vics in the CK for more info on that. I haven't taken it quite that far but I can put NPCs in shackles, restraints, or even... ahem Bondage Furniture.... and make them stay.

I would provide images but... this ain't Lover's Lab and the mods would probably ban Me LOL