ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vertibird help

I want to achieve the following with a Vertibird in creation kit

1. Have the Vertibird fly in and land (preferably have an npc get out but not necessary)

2. Player boards the Vertibird

3. Vertibird takes off and land somewhere else

Without using the smoke flares

i have been able to get all working but not all at once

Any help will be appreciated.

Are you using a quest? The simplest is a quest with each stage being your above steps, with completion conditions to move to the next step, and attach the appropriate AI package to the Vertibird NPC at each step (travel packages with appropriate destinations). You could have some activator trigger the quest to move to stage 1 ( a bit like what the signal flare does in the VFT quest).

Have a look at the VFT quest for ideas... Or the Cambridge Police Station one which is quite similar to what you want.

Edited by PJMail

Yes using quest stages to activate. Problem is, can't seem to find the combo of AI packages... as soon as I get it to almost where I want it something stops functioning

I guess I'm really looking for the right combo of AI packages ... I did look at the cambridge quest and it helped a little but still not quite there

Yes using quest stages to activate. Problem is, can't seem to find the combo of AI packages... as soon as I get it to almost where I want it something stops functioning

I guess I'm really looking for the right combo of AI packages ... I did look at the cambridge quest and it helped a little but still not quite there

These might help you:

Vertibird quest:

VFT (Quest)

VFT Quest's Reference Aliases

Fragments:Quests:QF_VertibirdFastTravel_0005691C (VFT Quest's Quest Fragment)

CompanionVertibirdQuestScript (VFT Quest's Quest Script)

Companions and Vertibirds:

Companion (ReferenceAlias, Followers Quest)

LastPlayerVertibird (ReferenceAlias, Followers Quest. Linked to Companion with the Keyword "LinkVehicle")

FollowersCompanionVertibirdSnapIntoPackage (Companions' Vertibird AI Package)

FollowersCompanionPackageDismountVertibird_IgnoreCombat (Companions' Vertibird AI Package)

Vertibird random encounter quests:

REObject_VertibirdKMK01, REObject_VertibirdKMK02, REObject_VertibirdKMK03

REScene_VertibirdKMK01, REScene_VertibirdKMK02, REScene_VertibirdKMK03

RETravel_VertibirdKMK01, RETravel_VertibirdKMK02

Forgot to mention that the NPC should also have the appropriate Keyword which links them to the Vertibird "seat". See CompanionPowerArmorKeywordScript and Keywords which start with "p-Attach". To dismount the NPC, use EvaluatePackage() with abResetAI = True. You may need to remove the p-Attach Keyword from the NPC too (it forces the NPC to dismount). Don't change or remove p-Attach Keywords from Companions unless you're absolutely sure what you're doing.

Edited by LarannKiar

Never remove the p-attach... keywords - it is unnecessary. In fact all normal (active) companions already have all the AI packages they require to travel in a Vertibird.

Their actions are controlled by one global "CompanionVertibirdEntryType" 0 = All Exit vertibird, 1 = All Board Vertibird, 2 = All Snap into allocated seat (sit).

They at most only need to be 'prodded' when you change this global so they notice (via say ActiveCompanions.EvaluateAll() ).

You need to tell us what is actually not working because if you have duplicated the important parts of VFT or BOS201 (Shadow of Steel) quests it should work.

Note that both of these quests have issues where vertibirds are 'lost' (mainly because they are destroyed in transit) so require a bit of 'fixing'...

Also Vertibirds are unreliable when travelling 'unloaded' (out of sight) so require more 'fixes'...

However, you should at least be able to get something that works 'as reliably' (!) as VFT on a first pass.

Edited by PJMail

Never remove the p-attach... keywords - it is unnecessary. In fact all normal (active) companions already have all the AI packages they require to travel in a Vertibird.

Their actions are controlled by one global "CompanionVertibirdEntryType" 0 = All Exit vertibird, 1 = All Board Vertibird, 2 = All Snap into allocated seat (sit).

It's true. Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I thought about non-companion NPCs who don't have a p-Attach keyword by default so it needs to be added to them before they can board Vertibirds. Adding the keyword to their Reference Aliases should also work (Alias Data >> Alias Keywords). As for companions, it's best not to change or remove their p-Attach keywords.

It's true. Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I thought about non-companion NPCs who don't have a p-Attach keyword by default so it needs to be added to them before they can board Vertibirds. Adding the keyword to their Reference Aliases should also work (Alias Data >> Alias Keywords). As for companions, it's best not to change or remove their p-Attach keywords.

Non-standard companions have so many other issues (that need to be fixed before they will travel on a Vertibird) that I don't think CorrosiveRadio should begin to worry about them yet.

If they can just get their mod to work reliably for the player they will have reached a major milestone I suspect.