elf ears, dog ears, cat ears, and horns

Zasher

I was talking about meshes too actually.

well these that i got were from a MOD so not sure if the eula for Oblivion applies, but once i get them done i will ask the author for the use of them

It counts if those are the same as the vanilla Ob meshes, and they do look like Ob khajiit ears

well these that i got were from a MOD so not sure if the eula for Oblivion applies, but once i get them done i will ask the author for the use of them

It counts if those are the same as the vanilla Ob meshes, and they do look like Ob khajiit ears

well i am sure that if the head band gets added and they are repositioned they will cease to be vanilla mesh right?

and in the end if it turns out that i cant upload it then i have me a set of cat ears regardless :P

Well I'd suggest asking the Oblivion modder if he used oblivion meshes, if he did then you should cease the update on what is being done as it cannot be uplaoded to Fallout3Nexus.com

well i am sure that if the head band gets added and they are repositioned they will cease to be vanilla mesh right?

and in the end if it turns out that i cant upload it then i have me a set of cat ears regardless :P

Well i sent the modder an email about it but in the mean time i took the chance to go back over the readme and from what i can tell is they are orignially the ob files but were altered by the modder, any who i am on stand by until i get a confirmation/denial from said modder;

From the read me file:

=== What It Be (aka What it be)===

ANB Wearable Ears

by Aridale Noblebrook Belmont

1/21/2009

=== The Skinny (aka Short Description)===

This mod adds 32 versions of wearable cat-like ears sold by a new vendor.

=== The (Not So) Skinny (aka Long Description)===

32 various cat-like ears wearable by any race. Sold by a new vendor in the Imperial City just outside Stonewall Shields.

This is basically an unrestricted version of my Lattamer Catgirls ears by making them wearable clothing. They use the tail slot and include matching tails. They are scripted to make npcs wear em as well. They all share the same inventory icon but you can tell em apart by name. The names include the type and fur color of each set.

Included: 8 different ears in 4 different colors. Including standard Khajiit ears. All the ears also have a Khajiit fur version

=== How The West Was Won (aka History) ===

1/21/2009 - Initial Release

=== Hot Damn! (aka Credits) ===

None =/

=== Jiggamabobs (aka Tools Used) ===

3d Studio Max

TES CS

NotePad (zomg)

=== I dont have a snazzy name for Contact (aka I dont have a snazzy name for Contact) ===

I can be reached the easiest either via PM on the official forums or via PM on TESNexus (where you shoulda found this DL) either way my names Aridale.

=== *Face Palm* (aka Legal) ===

All the new ear meshes are based directly on the vanilla khajiit ears. The textures I made mself. I dont really care (nor can exactly stop you) if you use this for somethin else but askins nice. So drop me a line preferably before you release anything with my stuff in it.

ok bad new people unless some one can do some major alterations to these ears ie place them on top of the head sticking up add the head band and possible put a crook in one ear (to make it no longer an OB mesh) Then i am afraid i will be the only one with a set of cat ears >.< please someone come forward

Well there's tons of these kinds of "race mods" already done for Oblvion.

One example

So I suppose it's just a matter of converting them.

Yes, using vanilla Oblivion stuff is against the EULA, but these mods aren't vanilla Oblivion stuff (obviously). So I don't think there would be any legal issues with it.

I have noticed that the nifs and textures won't port straight across, but I would imagine that it could be done if the file formats were updated with the proper tools, yes?

Well there's tons of these kinds of "race mods" already done for Oblvion.

One example

So I suppose it's just a matter of converting them.

Yes, using vanilla Oblivion stuff is against the EULA, but these mods aren't vanilla Oblivion stuff (obviously). So I don't think there would be any legal issues with it.

I have noticed that the nifs and textures won't port straight across, but I would imagine that it could be done if the file formats were updated with the proper tools, yes?

Well i know how to port over Oblivion Nifs now after getting the cat ears working but the email i got from the author told me that he did in fact use the vanilla ears for it so... my thing is i have a working set of ears as you can plainly see but am unable to upload it as is right now, what will need to be done is some major modifications to it which i already stated to what it would take and then these ears will cease to be "vanilla Oblivion" ears and can be released here...I am also work on a set of horns for OB which those i can do the port over after i get the permission from the author as he made the horns him self only "Based" on the minotaurs. So anyone want to chime in and do the alterations on the cat ears for me? :D i have the mod all set to go all i need is the Nif altered. I will send it to who ever wants it to see if they can do the changes, just send me the request in PM with where you want me to send it.

And yes that one uses the original ears also >.<

Is it possible just to retexture some of the "cat-like" ears and then move them more up on the head to make them horns? Sort of like the horns from Elfen Lied I posted earlier in the first page. That may make doing horns somewhat easier. At least for those type of horns that are Elfen Lied or Chobbits styled.

Is it possible just to retexture some of the "cat-like" ears and then move them more up on the head to make them horns? Sort of like the horns from Elfen Lied I posted earlier in the first page. That may make doing horns somewhat easier. At least for those type of horns that are Elfen Lied or Chobbits styled.

Well i think i know a way of makeing those horns you are talking about, but again it still uses the OB mesh >.<

Archived