Remember my CTD Issues?

Scyris

Well, Remember how when I ran at 1024x768 res and oblivion would crash and my pc would lock up? Well I "sort of" fixed it, the game still crashed but at least it doesn't lock my pc up.. (Oblivion has to be the most unstable game I have played, even before I added mods it would crash a ton) So I upped my res to 1280x1024 and now get this: my FPS is better, I crash less, when I do crash my pc doesn't totally lockup nor does the display driver die and forces me to reboot. Maybe it has something to do with my lcd's native res being 1280x1024. I can't run anything in 800x600 it gets all pixelated on my monitor. Just thought this was odd how picky my pc can be.I checked a error report and the errors were in files like kernal32.dll, oblivion.exe, olc.exe and a ton of other dll/exe files were involved in the crash(es). Still though when the games been out for over 2 years you'd kinda expect they would have crash issues fixed by now :P

yes and yes, assuming 1.2.0.416 is the most recent

Yes V1.2.0.416 is the most current, and for that matter, probably the last.

Although you can tinker with your video drivers, unless you're running in windowed mode, or your video card will flat not support it, you'll always be better off at the Monitor's native resolution

Archived