Quick dialogue ending

Nintii

How many times have you had to laboriously go through the motions when entering into dialogue with some character and just pressed through the dialogues as rapidly as you could just to get to the end ?

Me to.

so I was thinking perhaps a nice big red "X" to end the whole the thing would be simply brilliant.

Sure many of the dialogues have "choices" with a specific result of what you choose, but for those that just bore you to death ... let's have a quick kill option.

What sayeth thou ?

The way dialogue works in Fallout 3, what you are asking would require a new link to an exit dialogue option for each dialogue response in the game. My guess is that would take someone working 8 hours a day about 10 months to finish.

There might be a way to add a top-level branch to every speaker in the game, but in the end, this would cause the game to go bonkers as often times game states/quests update through dialogue. If that dialogue were skipped, the game would break.

Though... if any one else has any ideas, I am all ears.

Edited by pkleiss

• 3 months later...

This can totally brick your quests though. As some dialogs require you to answer one of the selected options and if you were to some how exit it would mess up your quest.

Someone would have to go through every dialog peice for this. But that could take a year or more.