Help on a new spouse mod

fifteenspades

So i am looking to start on my very first mod ever for anything. I am currently earning my programming degree and thought what better practice then to mod.

My first mod i want to work on is a Better Spouse mod because vanilla spouses are an insult to spouses everywhere, and then no one really has made a Spouse mod that i am looking for plus for those of us who bought Hearthfire and it was just such a letdown this would really give that boost it needs.

My intentions for the mod are as follows~

- Better dialogue and a LOT more

- Unique dynamic dialogue so spouses aren't just stale

- Better interaction with the player and kids if you have them

- More varied task for the spouse to do

- A better incentive to actually visit the house/spouse such as like sleeping with them gives a bonus to X or Y for a limited time

or maybe if you don't visit them every now and then the spouse then decides to divorce you. ( maybe add a MCM option so that a person could control exactly how much time that "every now and then" is, maybe some people want a more then often and others less so ) my idea for that is that in a sense it could give you a emotional aspect to your significant other. Let's say if you want it to happen more often it would show a needy-ness of them and if you want it to happen less it could show a distant emotional feeling towards you. still working on that idea

- a system that controls what the spouse wears so they are not a Meg and just wear the same thing over and over and over~ perhaps add a way for the player to control what they wear or let the spouse randomly wear what she wants.

- A system that would let the player give the spouse X amount of $ much like when you ask your steward to buy upgrades, that would let the spouse spend the money on things either for the house, you, or even there-self / kids. this could include toys/ potions / weapons/ visual upgrades etc

- a system that would apply a random gain or loss to the amount of gold your spouse makes per day instead of a set amount

say some days she would make a nice bit then others since the economy just took a big hit they wouldn't make as much.

- and finally my last idea idk if this is possible but would be interesting to try, a way for your spouse to invite people over. so that when you come home it's not just you, your spouse and possibly kids every single day. I mean it's not like when your spouse marrys you they just lose their social life right?

So My question/s are What exactly would i need to start learning to make all this happen?

atm all i can think of are these. Also i would love to hear more ideas on how i could expand this.

1. Learning scripts

2. Learning animation

3. learning how to add dialogue

Would it be easier to apply this to all able spouses or just make a new NPC that has these certain conditions and work from there.

Edited by fifteenspades