Turn Star Paladin Cross into Motoko Kusanagi

PennywiseTheClown

After a few trips through the "companions" section of the nexus, it seems that most people desire some type of "remix" for Star Paladin Cross over any of the other humanoids you can recruit. Probably because she has a double whammy of looking old and having funny hair. Most of the makeovers so far have no real theme, besides attempting to make her appearance not frighten animals and small children. So how about a mod that transforms her into a character from some other form of media in a comparable line of work, like Motoko Kusanagi?

This request does seem a tad random, I know, so allow me to show my line of logic here.

• Fallout has been known to dabble a bit in the realm of humanlike robots/cyborgs, despite the obvious technological drawbacks in the setting, so this character isn't really as "immersion breaking" as it seems at first glance. Cross herself, unaltered, even hints at having cybernetic upgrades in some spoken lines.
  • There's already a hair/eye pack that adds reddish eyes similar to Motokos to the game. No exact match for her actual hair, but many of the short styles avalable are close enough.
  • There are at least two people working on her standard outfit. Independently.
  • If both those guys fall off the face of the earth, another one of her outfits is literally almost featureless and form-fitting. With the proper permissions, this one could theoretically just be a gray reskin for one of the several dozen "nude" mod meshes.
  • If for some reason all of the above bursts into flames, Operation Anchorage already has a near featureless gray bodysuit.

And most importantly

• Motoko Kusanagi as a companion would be freakin' awesome.

Archived