Powered Doors/Gates

Asarjan

Find a tutorial on creating animated doors. Available on the Nexus. Everything is done in exactly the same way using gemebryo animation manager. But instead of the "Open" and "Close" sequences, use the sequences On, UnpoweredOn, Off, UnpoweredOff. Morph tags are not needed. In the Extra Info Tags fields, you can write the names of sound descriptors in ck if they are needed for each sequence. Next, save as pe anim. Swipe through Elrich. Open nif in nifscop. Copy to your nif BsBehaviorGraphExtraData and the desired bs conect point. The power connection point is called P-WS-Snap, connections via conduits

Thanks for the support I appreciate that.

Yes, I already know the door tutorial here on nexus, but I wasn't sure about the setup of the sequences because unfortunately there are no tutorials for it.

I can see from the screenshot that you created the dome blinds as an activator in the CK. I have the problem that my gate in the game falls apart as soon as I place it in workshop mode.

With such nifs, do all collision meshes have to be set as 'anim static'?

My gate is a roll-up gate with 'anim static' collision mesh...to the left and right of it are walls with static collision mesh. Could this be the problem causing my gate to fall apart in game?

Edited by Asarjan

Find a tutorial on creating animated doors. Available on the Nexus. Everything is done in exactly the same way using gemebryo animation manager. But instead of the "Open" and "Close" sequences, use the sequences On, UnpoweredOn, Off, UnpoweredOff. Morph tags are not needed. In the Extra Info Tags fields, you can write the names of sound descriptors in ck if they are needed for each sequence. Next, save as pe anim. Swipe through Elrich. Open nif in nifscop. Copy to your nif BsBehaviorGraphExtraData and the desired bs conect point. The power connection point is called P-WS-Snap, connections via conduits

Yes, I already know the door tutorial here on nexus, but I wasn't sure about the setup of the sequences because unfortunately there are no tutorials for it.

I can see from the screenshot that you created the dome blinds as an activator in the CK. I have the problem that my gate in the game falls apart as soon as I place it in workshop mode.

My gate is a roll-up gate with 'anim static' collision mesh...to the left and right of it are walls with static collision mesh. Could this be the problem causing my gate to fall apart in game?

I'll try to write a small tutorial article, but I don't know how it will turn out. I know English badly. 50% text Google translator. ) Edited by South8028

Maybe you could post a link of the max file and someone here could take a look at it for you.

• 2 weeks later...

@South8028

So first of all thanks again for your help. Almost everything is now working as I imagined :)

The only problem I have now is that the gate does not make a sound when opening and closing. Even though I created 'SoundPlayAt.DRS... .SoundNode' as an extra info tag in the Animation Manager in 3ds Max.

I have the same problem with my power switches.

I had taken the 'WorkshopPowerSwitchBox01' in the CK and its NIF-file as an example.

@South8028

So first of all thanks again for your help. Almost everything is now working as I imagined :)

The only problem I have now is that the gate does not make a sound when opening and closing. Even though I created 'SoundPlayAt.DRS... .SoundNode' as an extra info tag in the Animation Manager in 3ds Max.

I had taken the 'WorkshopPowerSwitchBox01' in the CK and its NIF-file as an example.

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/HF4CIIBSquklYQ

Switch example. Sound can be added to the activator in ck. The activator window has fields for this. Can be added in max. We discussed it here on the forum ~2 months ago. Search old posts.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/Rwd7FqdH4svl3w

Edited by South8028

@South8028

https://disk.yandex.ru/d/HF4CIIBSquklYQ

Switch example. Sound can be added to the activator in ck. The activator window has fields for this. Can be added in max. We discussed it here on the forum ~2 months ago. Search old posts.

https://disk.yandex.ru/i/Rwd7FqdH4svl3w

Thanks but i already solved that problem. :)