Choose When to Start DLC Quests

LordSarcasm

So right now I've got a pretty extensive roleplaying session planned out, including the order in which I play the DLC's. But I find it a little jarring that I'm being hit with the start of both quests at pretty much the same time. I'm being attacked by Miraak's cultists and asked to join the Dawnguard shortly after I climb down from my first trip to High Hrothgar.

Consider that in theory you could head up to High Hrothgar before level ten. I Found out the hard way how punishing Solstheim was. I was only in the teens when in my fisrt dungeon crawl I run into freaking Draugr Deathlords. It was exciting to be sure, but I died several dozen times. Had I waited till a higher level it might have been somewhat less difficult, that takes me back to roleplaying. If you meet a duo of masked psychos who are trying to kill who wouldn't follow that up right away? I'm also not planning on starting the Dawnguard main quest until pretty late, and I don't like letting major quests like that hang for extended periods of time. I also don't want to deactivate the DLC's then reactivate them when I'm ready for them because of the mods I'm playing with right now.

So I would enjoy a mod that, assuming you own the specific DLC, let's you stall beginning of the main quest until you are ready for it or until you reach a preset level. Any suggestions if a mod like this already exists.

Thanks but no thanks. It's exactly what I'm looking for except it requires Hearthfire which I've never had any intention of ever buying, especially considering I just bought Dragonborn last week.

Sounds like you should be requesting a non-hearthfire edition to that mod author instead of asking modders to waste their time to recreate this guys entire mod.

Edited by MostlyMuggie