Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

I'm amazed the UK forces even function these days. They've been sent out there with not enough ammunition, faulty radios, no body armour, unarmoured vehicles and some even have to buy their own boots. It's not surprising they're known as "The Borrowers" and "The Flintstones", I notice none of these bloody politicians have family out there, I bet they'd fund them properly then. :verymad:

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a story awhile back about an american mayor who was %100 for sending young men and women into the military,then when his son decided to join, he broke out in anger doing everything in his power to keep his son from going.. that's how it works i guess lol

As far as the british funding goes. it's not as bad as you've heard..least not from what i've seen. maybe the lower infantry could use some charity,but the special forces are taken care of pretty well.

Ever hear the phrase "It's a Rich man's war but a Poor man's fight"?

Or the System of a down song "Why don't princes fight the war? Why do they always send the poor? Why do they always sit in the corner?"

Soldiers are fighting for freedoms out there many people take for granted. These people who, God forbid pay a few extra tax dollars to support the military or the government that gives them the very freedom to enjoy all the money they have.

But hey, the U.S. Military has some of the best health care in the nation.

I was in the american military and you expect me NOT to see an SAS? in combat? no? in training.. all the freakin time and if it's training we are talking about i can't say the marines are the best at wargames.. we are good.. and the SAS is good..but low and behold,the SEALS take the cake.. the whole cake and nothing but the cake.. the white fluffy crust and the purity of the center that taste like angels... not one piece.. all..now it's obvious your a SAS fan with the avatar and british flag and all.. and i got nothing against the guys,they are great to train and learn from,but they are not the best by a long shot. Also.. don't beleive everything you read on the interwebz. you may not realize this but some of the stuff out there is bullshit... one video isn't enough reference to deem an entire military branch the best. don't let visual media carve your brain,you wanna see the best,you gotta serve with the best.

I did not read it on the interweb, I read books written by SAS, unlike you these SAS fought in the frontline, they have more experience than you or any other "marines"

beside, why does we british and australian are the only one who got the balls to fight the Taliban in the Helmand (taliban stronghold), why the hell the "great" "superior" "brave" american marines don't got the balls to ?

Don't beleive everything you see in the films, marines are not these brave cowboy !

THIS IS A FACT

I was in the american military and you expect me NOT to see an SAS? in combat? no

It's normal since SAS are in the frontline

I'm amazed the UK forces even function these days. They've been sent out there with not enough ammunition, faulty radios, no body armour, unarmoured vehicles and some even have to buy their own boots. It's not surprising they're known as "The Borrowers" and "The Flintstones", I notice none of these bloody politicians have family out there, I bet they'd fund them properly then. :verymad:

this is a fact too :rolleyes:

They've fought two wars on a peacetime budget, don't believe everything the government tell you.

They've fought two wars on a peacetime budget, don't believe everything the government tell you.

I know it

Listen kid.. you are starting to piss me off a bit... first off.. i was on the frontlines while you were still sucking your moms nature juice in your daipers..2nd off.. if a man writes a book.. and in that book claims to be the best.. then why would you beleive him? it's time for you to grow up a bit.. and lay off the judging.. I usually don't care who tells me things like that.. but when it comes from a 15 year olds brain.. it just makes me wanna explode a bit.. you are not even old enough to know what a frontline is.. i've defended my country and taken damage for my country.. and while your best friends are wondering if they will pass the 9th grade.. mine are looking up from their graves.. the only frontline you've seen so far is a pissed off hall monitor telling you to get back to class or he will tattle on you. You wanna brag about your nations military.. that's fine. you got that right..but you shouldn't claim every other military void because of it.. and you definitly should not tell a marine he hasn't served his country.. you're in a potential world of hurt when you make that mistake... You should learn to respect both branches instead of taking up for one and downing the rest..that is how wars get started.

peace. :smile:

Listen kid.. you are starting to piss me off a bit... first off.. i was on the frontlines while you were still sucking your moms nature juice in your daipers..2nd off.. if a man writes a book.. and in that book claims to be the best.. then why would you beleive him? it's time for you to grow up a bit.. and lay off the judging.. I usually don't care who tells me things like that.. but when it comes from a 15 year olds brain.. it just makes me wanna explode a bit.. you are not even old enough to know what a frontline is.. i've defended my country and taken damage for my country.. and while your best friends are wondering if they will pass the 9th grade.. mine are looking up from their graves.. the only frontline you've seen so far is a pissed off hall monitor telling you to get back to class or he will tattle on you. You wanna brag about your nations military.. that's fine. you got that right..but you shouldn't claim every other military void because of it.. and you definitly should not tell a marine he hasn't served his country.. you're in a potential world of hurt when you make that mistake... You should learn to respect both branches instead of taking up for one and downing the rest..that is how wars get started.

peace. :smile:

OORAH GUNNY!

I too have lost several friends in service, Marines is the only branch we wanted to serve. I feel bad because I wasnt enlisted when they were killed, if I had joined when my friends did, maybe things would be different and they would still be alive. Though more than anything else, thier memory drives me, and will continue to drive me through recruit training and all other endevours that lie ahead of me.

Semper Fi

How ridiculous !

stop lying kid, you haven't the least idea of what you are talking of, you haven't the least idea of what is a SAS, you don't even answer my questions, you never fought a real war.

SAS are the best ! Seals sucks ! now shut up !

The SAS is the most elite special forces group in the world. It has a mission success rating of something like 99% where as the US marines have a mission success rating of 76%