Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiber Septim - Congrats on the promotion, they get harder to get from here on.

Well done, I salute you. SEMPER FI!

Buddah

but the russian paratroopers are said to be the toughest of the tough of the tough in that regards :P

:blink: . 101st Airborne is better than them

congrtas from me too Tiber :biggrin:

@Jaysus: drop and give me twenty!! :whistling:

My vote was for navy. The way I see it, the navy, specifically nuclear submarine fleets, represent the ultimate political will of a nation state. The ability for a nation to project its influence abroad purely by the presence of its navy is daunting as well as admirable - in its ability to deter conflict.

I recently read the memoirs of a West Point/Oxford educated Army Ranger called Craig Mullaney. The intensity of the armed forces as well as the intelligence of its servicemen is remarkable. Despite coming from a family of naval officers, I seriously doubt my own potential worth to service and so I find it incredibly commendable to see so many brilliant people on the frontline.

Recently there was this nationwide inspection of law enforcement contract validation. Who would have figured that the department i work for is currently a damn invalid contract. We are working off a contract that was put in place when the last police chief was still in charge.. apparently that's illegal..and also.. apparently i'll be out of a job soon..SO...i'm either going to join a neighboring cities police dept or go back to the military. No bypass detours for me either.. i'll have to go through basic again,pass the crucible,take the 9 mile walk back to base all that good stuff. Now.. this is from the mouth of a recruiter so who knows if it's true..but he says i will be able to maintain the rank i seperated with. i really don't wanna start from the bottom again.

Maybe once i'm active again i'll request transfer to tibers post, never gave orders to someone i met on the net before lol.(well.. there was that one chick from craigs list.. never mind that though)