Which Military Branch would you rather serve?

Tiber Septim

Which Military Branch will you rather serve?  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Read the instructions and story for more further details

• United States Marine Corps.
    • United States Army
    • United States Air Force
    • United States Navy

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Wikinger will enlist in the U.S. forces... I believe that user is auf Deutscheland;

Yeah, i am auf Deutschland.

I said "I Would go to the Militia".

if male, I think the Bundeswehr still has a compulsory service obligation of two years

Wrong. Nine Months.

, I hope it opens his eyes to some of the good things that service can bring.

Open my Eyes?

Open your Eyes Budy, you learn nothing about Country Defence in this Army. when you will learn about this, read the books from the Swiss Army(Major von Dach), and learn build Bombs, Grenades and Sten Guns. This is what you need. Of what avail is it, when you can drive a Battletank, in a Guerillia Warfare?

, I hope it opens his eyes to some of the good things that service can bring.

Open my Eyes?

Open your Eyes Budy, you learn nothing about Country Defence in this Army. when you will learn about this, read the books from the Swiss Army(Major von Dach), and learn build Bombs, Grenades and Sten Guns. This is what you need. Of what avail is it, when you can drive a Battletank, in a Guerillia Warfare?

I wasn't talking about the technical or tactical skills involved in conducting land warfare, buddy. Those are things you'll only learn if you serve in the infantry, artillery, or cavalry (tanks), and you'd only learn them if you chose to serve for several years... not months.

When I'm talking about "the good things that service can bring," I'm talking about things that affect the heart and mind.

Practical lessons in teamwork.

Altruistic ideas, like proving you'd be willing to help save your comrades with your own sweat, and your own blood (if need be).

The inner confidence that comes from trying (and succeeding) in performing difficult, strenuous tasks under harsh conditions.

I'm not some kind of "Rambo" wannabe, or some kind of flag-waving 'useful idiot'... I'm a Combat Medic. About 13 months ago, during a training exercise, some scouts in the squadron I serve in had their vehicle roll over... halfway up the slope of a steep hill, 3km away from where we were at, at 23:30 at night. One hour later, as I was watching the helicopter fly away with the one man who was really injured (after we'd treated him, moved him down off the hill, and radioed for the 'copter), I was pretty damned proud of both my squad and myself.

That's a feeling you'll rarely get the chance to experience in civilian life.

That, my friend, is an "eye opener."

When I'm talking about "the good things that service can bring," I'm talking about things that affect the heart and mind.

Practical lessons in teamwork.

Altruistic ideas, like proving you'd be willing to help save your comrades with your own sweat, and your own blood (if need be).

The inner confidence that comes from trying (and succeeding) in performing difficult, strenuous tasks under harsh conditions.

I'm not some kind of "Rambo" wannabe, or some kind of flag-waving 'useful idiot'... I'm a Combat Medic. About 13 months ago, during a training exercise, some scouts in the squadron I serve in had their vehicle roll over... halfway up the slope of a steep hill, 3km away from where we were at, at 23:30 at night. One hour later, as I was watching the helicopter fly away with the one man who was really injured (after we'd treated him, moved him down off the hill, and radioed for the 'copter), I was pretty damned proud of both my squad and myself.

That's a feeling you'll rarely get the chance to experience in civilian life.

That, my friend, is an "eye opener."

I'll vouch for you on that. I've got quite a few friends that have come back from the military, and they're the most dependable, trustworthy people you'll ever meet. There's only a few things I can think of in the civvy world that match the feeling of accomplishment on the battlefield, and they are along the exact same lines as military service.

And you forgot to mention the other thing you'll experience: pain, both physical and emotional, resulting from the injuries and deaths of fellow soldiers. (This one I know all too well. I had three of my best friends die right before me, all on separate occasions and days)

Ever felt you lost your most best, trustable friend? Or even lost your brother?

I do. Really, i actually don't want to talk about it, it has given me flashbacks, but i feel better when i talk it through.

My brother served in the same division as me and my friend. But they got to a different platoon when we're sent to Iraq. I didn't clearly remember what happened but i was trying to forget it ever since. My Platoon are patrolling in a city and our platoon met my brother's platoon. We gathered near the streets. I was happy in that moment, cause i haven't seen my bro for a long time. And there was my friend. Me, my friend and my brother talked so long until we forgot the surrounding environment and situation. Then it happened. A Squad of enemies ambushed us, I immediately took cover to a nearby shop. And i saw my brother and my friend charged at them. They were killed instantly. That was the most disturbing scene i had in the frontlines and i leaked my pants. My adrenaline rose up when i saw them both killed. I charged at them, took a suppresive fire on those fools. I don't think they got hit. Then a bullet struck at my foot. My first Purple Heart. At that part i forgot everything I don't want to describe the violence, that's the thing giving me flashbacks. Please do pray for our boys and myself. Because if you want the world free of terrorists, you'll have to support us. By praying, you have given us the most powerful support. I beg you to pray for us.

I'm sorry for rambling all the time but that makes me feels better.

Tiber Septim

Ever felt you lost your most best, trustable friend? Or even lost your brother?

I do. Really, i actually don't want to talk about it, it has given me flashbacks, but i feel better when i talk it through.

I'm sorry for rambling all the time but that makes me feels better.

Tiber Septim

This is completely off topic from what you originally posted, but I feel compelled to share it with you.

I know how it feels to lose a friend. I've lost three, all within the same year, and I feel I could have prevented one, possibly two, if only I had done things a bit differently.

One friend was lost due to heart failure. I was standing beside her when the monitor flatlined.

One was lost due to drowning. I watched it happen. I couldn't reach him in time to pull him out.

Another was lost due to a car wreck. He went around a blind corner, and a car lost control on the wet roads and caused a head-on collision. The other car was speeding too, 75 in a 55. I should have insisted he didn't leave that night. That he should have waited till morning when the weather was better.

I can say I can relate perfectly. Not the same events, but very similar and just as scarring.

The military has my thoughts, prayers, support, and anything else they may need from me.

As the bumper sticker on my Jeep says "1000 war protesters aren't worth the spit from one member of our military"

The military has my thoughts, prayers, support, and anything else they may need from me.

If you live in a city with a major airport, one or two mornings of volunteering at their USO would be more than what 95% of American civilians do.

(One of those crappy "I Support the Troops" magnetic yellow ribbons on your car don't mean nothin' if you don't actually do something to support them... try to volunteer on Tuesdays if you can... that's when the bulk of new recruits ship for Basic).

@ Dezdimona

Marine Blues Dress uniform is one of my favorite Dress in the Corps. In fact, all of the dress are my favorties.

@PureSnipe

You are right, We all experience it, but in a different event. Your's in the States, Mine's in the front.

@humanbean234

For me, people who supported us by praying means a lot for me. Because by praying, God may help us in every step we do in the front. And I forgot to ask you somethin'. Are you an Army Medic or a Navy Corpsman? and about those "I Support our troops" magnetic yellow ribbons, my friend in the college has plenty of em' and he sticks it everywhere in his house. I asked him one question, "How do you support the troops?" He sais, "Uhh... I don't know, i just like these ribbons." But he does have a lot of War Bonds in his house.