[LE] Walk-by dialogue and Progression Dialogue?

1. How do I make Dialogue for when you walk passed an NPC they say something. Ex. I walk passed a maid and they say hello or hi.

2. How do I make Dialogue that only activates after something is brought up. Ex. I have an NPC who ran with a guy that is dead. After I ask him about It and he talks about him, I want a new Dialogue option to pop up separate from the other one involving bad news.

Edited by wilwhitt56

1. How do I make Dialogue for when you walk passed an NPC they say something. Ex. I walk passed a maid and they say hello or hi.

2. How do I make Dialogue that only activates after something is brought up. Ex. I have an NPC who ran with a guy that is dead. After I ask him about It and he talks about him, I want a new Dialogue option to pop up separate from the other one involving bad news.

Don't have the creation kit in front of me but check under misc dialogue and choose "hello." you would then add the dialogue you want on the right. When the player comes into proximity they will say the dialogue. You can also make that dialogue dependent on a quest stage or enabled disabled item or even if the player has something in their inventory.

For the 2nd question, you can make another branch of the dialogue and put a condition on it. I believe it's "isdead"

Then if that character is dead the other choice will be there. You can do this below the listed dialogue in player dialogue condition options.

Ha I actually knew this one, Sovrath beat me to it. :happy:

In Oblivion with Vile Lair installed, I got sick of hearing Rowley Eardwulf say "Psst you. Yeah you! I got what ya need..." every time one of my goody-type characters walked by him in Weye's inn. So I added a condition to his particular HELLO so he'd only say this to my characters who have +5 Infamy or more. :ninja: Something like that. Now if one of my goodies walks by he'll give a more generic "Hey there" or whatever.

Edited by xenaclone

Don't have the creation kit in front of me but check under misc dialogue and choose "hello." you would then add the dialogue you want on the right. When the player comes into proximity they will say the dialogue. You can also make that dialogue dependent on a quest stage or enabled disabled item or even if the player has something in their inventory.

For the 2nd question, you can make another branch of the dialogue and put a condition on it. I believe it's "isdead"

Then if that character is dead the other choice will be there. You can do this below the listed dialogue in player dialogue condition options.

Thank you for the first one, But for the second he's not dead. In fact, he's nonexistent. He's just part of the story.

Thank you for the first one, But for the second he's not dead. In fact, he's nonexistent. He's just part of the story.

You can still do it. For example, if you start at stage 0 and say the first thing, you can then, at the end of that bit of dialogue move to a stage 1. The 2nd part of the dialogue would only be available at stage 1.

I know that people use 0, 10, 20, etc but you can use any number if you had your heart on using stage 10 for something else.

Am I understanding the problem correctly?

Ha I actually knew this one, Sovrath beat me to it. :happy:

In Oblivion with Vile Lair installed, I got sick of hearing Rowley Eardwulf say "Psst you. Yeah you! I got what ya need..." every time one of my goody-type characters walked by him in Weye's inn. So I added a condition to his particular HELLO so he'd only say this to my characters who have +5 Infamy or more. :ninja: Something like that. Now if one of my goodies walks by he'll give a more generic "Hey there" or whatever.

I feel like that's a brilliant solution,. Bravo!

Don't you find that there are peculiarities in Skyrim (don't get me started on the Creation Kit) that sometimes push you over the edge to solve it yourself?

The only Oblvion mod I ever made was a special spell, I called it "Hero's Aegis." I made it because I really wanted to do the battle at Bruam at a high level. However, when you do that, the Daedra that come out of the portals are high level and they tend to decimate all of Bruma!

I wanted a few more living so I gave them more armor and HP and made the radius very large. Worked like a charm.

I recently had a problem in Skyrim where I made a new playthroug using the Bethesda survival mod. However, this mod cuts down on how much you can carry. No biggie until I rented a room in the bannered mare and dropped some of my extra armor and weapons.

A guard, through the floor, scolded me for leaving dangerous things around (in my rented room) and I got dinged for a minor crime. Thought this was ridiculous so I made a chest in the room called "guests hold" or "guests storage" or something like that. Now I can have a proper storage until I get a place and not be scolded by guards.

Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands!

You can still do it. For example, if you start at stage 0 and say the first thing, you can then, at the end of that bit of dialogue move to a stage 1. The 2nd part of the dialogue would only be available at stage 1.

I know that people use 0, 10, 20, etc but you can use any number if you had your heart on using stage 10 for something else.

I dont see a isdead prompt. I see a GetDead one though. is that it? Also I'm still kinda new to the more "advanced" side of SCK. I don't really know how to set stages.

Edited by wilwhitt56

I dont see a isdead prompt. I see a GetDead one though. is that it? Also I'm still kinda new to the more "advanced" side of SCK. I don't really know how to set stages.

apologies for the late response. GetDead is it!

Like i said, didn't have the creation kit in front of me so couldn't really summon the correct one.