BUG - Leveling up stamina does NOT increase my carry weight

Carbon14C

I'm at my wit's end here trying to figure out what is causing this for my character. He's level 9 and it's the first time I've leveled stamina. I'm using Survival Mode and AE. But, instead of my carry weight going from 150 to 155, it stays at 150. I've tried stripping down naked (in-game and real-life), disabled all relevant mods, disabled Survival Mode, etc. Nothing works.

Seriously has nobody else experienced this? I asked on Reddit and received crickets. What's crazy is that I've actually experienced this before years ago in regular SSE, so AE has nothing to do with it, but at least in the past I was able to save-scum to avoid it. Reloading older saves and leveling up again doesn't help, continues to do it. I hate to think I'm going to have to scrap this character.

Edited by Carbon14C

I had no idea carry weight was coupled to stamina. I figured it was only coupled to player level. And tbh, unless you're an immersion junkie, you can always pad your carry weight using console commands or either wearable enchanting or mod acquired objects (I wear a +9000 weight-unit carry enhancer necklace from a mod)

I had no idea carry weight was coupled to stamina. I figured it was only coupled to player level. And tbh, unless you're an immersion junkie, you can always pad your carry weight using console commands or either wearable enchanting or mod acquired objects (I wear a +9000 weight-unit carry enhancer necklace from a mod)

Okay I feel like such an idiot. I wasn't disabling all relevant mods, as it was SkyTweak causing it, a mod I typically consider as one of my base testing mods I always install to tinker with values on-the-fly. I figured because I was resetting SkyTweak to its vanilla settings via its own MCM menu, theoretically "disabling it", it should've been fine. No, apparently SkyTweak is no longer safe or good to use, despite people recommending it can be ported to SSE/AE.

It makes sense, now that I think about it, because the author made it before stuff like Survival Mode was a thing, which is integrated into the game itself. So I imagine SkyTweak and the base game begin to wrestle and conflict with some stuff behind the scenes.

That sucks, because some of the things I liked about SkyTweak were its critical damage and potion duration scaling options.

Edited by Carbon14C