"The Hole" - Underwater Cave?

Ozmandias

I'm working my way through the quest called "The Hole". My current task in this quest is to recover a book stolen by bandits. They are in an underwater cave near Lord Rugdumph's estate. The Underwater Cave does show up on my map, however, I can not find it at all. I swam all over the lake looking for the entrance and it just isn't there. I'm thinking there is a conflict with one of the UL mods I have installed.

Has anyone had a similar issue?

I will probably have to abandon the mod and move on to another.

Sometimes another mod that changes landscape in the same area will hide things like a cave entrance. Moving the quest mod to after the one that hides it usually fixes that. I have found that moving a quest mod to the end - or near the end of my load order while playing that quest fixes a lot of little problems like this. Then, after the quest has been completed, move it back up in the load order - if the quest doesn't add any new items to the game that you want to keep, you can remove it after completing it.

I would look at things like one of the big landscape mods or another mod that places something nearby to find what is hiding your cave.

Suggestion - to see if the cave is really there, but just hidden by landscaping. Use the console TCL command and look underground in the cell where it is supposed to be.