I want to try modding armor, but I know nothing :'(

rootsssss

Hi modders,

I want to try modding armor, but I know nothing :'(

I downloaded Frosty Editor, but:
1. I want to get Shokra-Taar mesh, but I couldn't find it
2. I found some other armor as well but not everything

3. Let's say I want to mix up some mesh, what should I do? Use blender?
4. After I mix and match the mesh how do I use it as a mod (Import it maybe?)

Thanks XD

1. Shokra-Taar is called Arishock internally. Found under DA3 > Factions > Multiplayer > Appearances > bdy_qm_arishock > Models.

2. if you need to find an armour you cannot locate, frosty has a searchbar in the top left corner, you can type into the searchbar type:SkinnedMeshAsset AND contains:keyword of your choice, then hit enter, to search for all 3d models of outfits with that keyword in the name. you can add multiple ANDs to the search, for example, if you wanted to search for all outfits with a certain keyword for dwarf female, you could search:

type:SkinnedMeshAsset AND contains:keyword AND contains:df, then hit enter. Generally bioware uses these abbrevations system for the different race/gender cobinations:

DF = dwarf female

DM = dwarf male

QF = qunari female

QM = qunari male

EM = elf male

EF = elf female

HF = human female

HM = human male

3. yes, you can use blender to do this, or 3ds max but that's paid and blender is free so your choice which.

4. Padme4000 has a tutorial series that can help you.

Edited by Dmitrias

• 2 weeks later...

W

1. Shokra-Taar is called Arishock internally. Found under DA3 > Factions > Multiplayer > Appearances > bdy_qm_arishock > Models.

2. if you need to find an armour you cannot locate, frosty has a searchbar in the top left corner, you can type into the searchbar type:SkinnedMeshAsset AND contains:keyword of your choice, then hit enter, to search for all 3d models of outfits with that keyword in the name. you can add multiple ANDs to the search, for example, if you wanted to search for all outfits with a certain keyword for dwarf female, you could search:

type:SkinnedMeshAsset AND contains:keyword AND contains:df, then hit enter. Generally bioware uses these abbrevations system for the different race/gender cobinations:

DF = dwarf female

DM = dwarf male

QF = qunari female

QM = qunari male

EM = elf male

EF = elf female

HF = human female

HM = human male

3. yes, you can use blender to do this, or 3ds max but that's paid and blender is free so your choice which.

4. Padme4000 has a tutorial series that can help you.

Whoa! I didn't expect an answer this fast (I didn't check the forum thinking it will show up later)! I guess the news of Dragon Age 4 pumps up this forum again XD

Thanks a lot Dmitrias! I think your answer cover all of what I needed. I'm going to try looking at things again

Edited by rootsssss