Some weird doubts in a House mod creation

Hey everyone ,

Have and issue with a remodel of breesehome mod that I released juts 3 days ago and today updated it cause I add a basement ,

Everything works fine , but going to the basement with Lydia to test it , I saw that my character camera in 3th person goes pass the walls and ceiling .

It reminds me someone recently that talked about having this issue with the same thing but I can not figure out if I have to add some kind of collision or something to the basement so that the game camera respects the walls and ceiling of the all basement !

If anyone can give me info on this and tell me what to do it would be appreciated ..

Thank you

Hey everyone ,

Have and issue with a remodel of breesehome mod that I released juts 3 days ago and today updated it cause I add a basement ,

Everything works fine , but going to the basement with Lydia to test it , I saw that my character camera in 3th person goes pass the walls and ceiling .

It reminds me someone recently that talked about having this issue with the same thing but I can not figure out if I have to add some kind of collision or something to the basement so that the game camera respects the walls and ceiling of the all basement !

If anyone can give me info on this and tell me what to do it would be appreciated ..

Thank you

If you are using a custom mesh then I'll assume there is something you need to do in order to add collision.

What you could do as sort of a "dirty hack" is to take a small floor piece and put it right up against the walls so that the camera hits into that as opposed to going through. I had to do that with my mod a I have an area that has black planes as walls. I had originally put collision planes against it but learned that didn't stop the camera, just the player.

Having said that, I'm sure someone who knows something about modeling/meshes, etc will come along with a better answer.

i just use mods but my best guess is one of two ether find way to make a sapret script for wall stracters and see if it works and put them to gather if that dont work find as many as you can online and see witch one works.

Hmmm.... try a widenet search on skyrim creation kit occlusion collision cubes. I think that's what you need to know about

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=skyrim+creation+kit+occlusion+collision+cubes&ia=web

The problem with collision cubes and planes is that they keep the player out but won't stop the camera or any objects from passing through.

That's why I added occlusion to the search query. Collison planes are "physical" boundaries. Occlusions are visual boundaries (and are used for keeping the camera bounded).

h

Hmmm.... try a widenet search on skyrim creation kit occlusion collision cubes. I think that's what you need to know about

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=skyrim+creation+kit+occlusion+collision+cubes&ia=web

The problem with collision cubes and planes is that they keep the player out but won't stop the camera or any objects from passing through.

That's why I added occlusion to the search query. Collison planes are "physical" boundaries. Occlusions are visual boundaries (and are used for keeping the camera bounded).

uh? Then I learned something today as I use Occlusion planes to block areas in the distance. If they indeed keep the camera from moving beyond them then that's a huge help. Thanks.