acceleration on turning?

anjenthedog

Short story: looking for a mod or settings that apply a little acceleration (damping) on the turning of player

--------

Longer story with anecdotal blather and description:

Aside from the use of fast travel or carriages to move long distances, I use my mouse and the "c" button to walk (or even to sneak) around Skyrim, if I'm not expecting to enter battle momentarily, having long since given up on horses for intermediary/long distance travel, due to their peculiar attachment issues.

Anyway, so when walking, (either W for walk while hold, or C for continuous movement), I also use the A and D buttons to alter the viewpoint and movement of the player (so I can visually cover my flanks for instance. It also adds a feeling of reality to turning a corner...)

What annoys me ever so slightly is that when coming out of a diagonal (ie rounding a corner, or scanning my left or right flank for enemies or just admiring a view I'd otherwise miss while walking down a path, my player jerks back to straight forward. Often in the wrong direction of travel, spoiling the ... wait for it.... immersion..

I'm hoping there are either settings I've overlooked, or a mod, that introduces an acceleration on that return to forward, so it's not quite so discrete/jerky and a bit more....idk graceful.

Capiche?

--------

so that's it. Hopefully not another black hole. "Nope can't be done" is better than no response.

Thanks

PS> Word for the wiser than me... after you've just used your fingers to crush some dried hot vietnamese peppers into a pot of spicy soup, don't be a forgetful ass and rub your eyes before you thoroughly wash them with olive oil, butter, or some other oily or milky substance to strip out the capcaisin... jeez, you'd think I'd have learned by now

Doubt anything can be done. Whenever the movement keys are released the player character always "snaps" to the facing direction of the camera. What I tended to do was switch from A or D back to W and then adjust the camera view prior to stopping movement. Not always perfect but better than nothing.

That said, maybe this mod might be of some help. True Directional Movement