How do you use SKSE and a mod manager together?

Spliff2

I'm not a veteran player having played Skyrim Special Edition only about a month. The question I have may be obvious to some but it isn't to me. I've decided to do a fresh install. The question I have is how do you get SKSE and a mod manager to work together since they each have their own game loaders? I've used MO2 with success but it appears (unless I'm really missing something) that I don't have the benefits of SKSE. Or if I use the SKSE loader then everything I installed with MO2 doesn't appear. So it seems I have to use the game loader from either MO2 or SKSE, obviously not both. I do have three mod managers: Vortex, MO2 and NMM. Although I prefer MO2 I can and would use any that works the best.

Thanks for any guidance with this....

Spliff....

Once installed, SKSE64loader.exe supersedes the original Bethesda game loader.. So when you install Skyrim, I think you have to run once using the original loader to establish some baseline configuration value, etc.

At that point, if you are intending to use SKSE dependent mods, you should install SKSE and start using SKSE64loader.exe ~exclusively for normal gameplay.

Idk about MO2, but in vortex, if you don't want to use a shortcut from your desktop or from a quick bar, you can create a button in vortex to fire the game up using SKSE. I do not know how, since I prefer using a shortcut. Presumably MO2 also has some ability to encapsulate SKSE into some sort of "start game" button, but I have no experience at all in MO2 so again I'll defer to someone who does.

I'm sure someone can fill you in if you want to go that route (or you can do a widenet search yourself).

something like "skyrim special edition start skse from vortex" or "skyrim special edition start skse from mo2"

I do keep the original game loader link, but it's more a situation of "if I delete that, I'm 100% positive I'll need it once it's gone" rather than a logical conclusion that I'll ever need it again.

The Vortex Forum can provide details on how to add the SKSE-run-tool button to the Vortex Dashboard. You will have to add it as a tool once you download SKSE and related mods into Vortex.

We (two of us) use the SKSE Loader Tool to run a very stable Skyrim SE.

A long time ago, we recall starting with GamerPoet's tutorial, as @IsharaMeradin notes, and then either following his advice to add the SKSE-loader as a tool to the Vortex-Menu screen, or looking up how to do it online or at the Vortex Forum website, or both.

You can even take the question over to the Vortex forum, and some helpful custodian will link or explain.

My thanks to all. I have a lot to learn yet in adding mods then making them run and look correct. I need SKSE to enhance some of my mods but just wasn't clear on how to use a mod manager and SKSE together since they both had independent game loaders. I'll do some investigating from your responses. Thanks again for all your replies!