NPCS and doors!

inggrish

OK, my problem is that I have guards going to their barracks for sleep, and then when it is their time to do theirt shift they get up and head towards a door but instead of going through it, they just walk against it for ages. All of them, not one of them dosent. The door is not an animation one, but a door that does intercell teleport.

Cheers for your time.

M@ (Inggrish)

OK, my problem is that I have guards going to their barracks for sleep, and then when it is their time to do theirt shift they get up and head towards a door but instead of going through it, they just walk against it for ages. All of them, not one of them dosent. The door is not an animation one, but a door that does intercell teleport.

Cheers for your time.

M@ (Inggrish)

"intercell" teleports don't work with NPCs. The destination MUST be another cell, or a different worldspace. Using subspaces does not solve this.

Ah, OK. Cheers, any reason why they can't?

From what I understand, it's something with how the Actor AI processes transitions. Either it doesn't acknowledge that the door needs to be activated to move between the points, or it gets stuck in a loop trying to activate the door because it has not yet changed cells. Either way, it is something that cannot be changed, and was probably added so that NPCs would use normal doors properly.

One way around it might be to script the door to move the actor to an xmarker placed at the location upon NPC use, since the moveto calls a refresh of the NPC AI. However this requires them to be activating the door.

Archived