Copied house shows original location during quests on world map

BadPenney

Hoping for help on this minor but annoying issue. I quick searched the forum but didn't find an answer. I'm building a town mod and copied houses from various places to drop in an empty location. Now I've got some quests going on and noticed in game that when I am inside one of the houses my quest map pointer in the PIPboy world map shows a line to the house's original location and from there to the quest location. I've altered the houses, gave them new owners etc. and can't find anything that points to the house's original location in either the items inside the interior space or the cell itself.

Does anyone know how to disconnect copied houses from their original location to show its new location?

I don't recall precisely which ones. I know that I duplicated the interior cells from Red's Clinic in Bigtown, a couple from Arefu, one from Republic of Dave. One that I duped from Arefu says that it is Jericho's house from Megaton in its description, but it points to Arefu in my map. Took Nathan's bus from Megaton as well.

I've found the answer to this situation and I'm posting it just in case someone else is interested:

Using the Duplicate Cell function seems to cause this effect. Apparently, the location of the duplicated interior cell within its associated Worldspace is retained. So, when I duplicated an interior cell from a house in Bigtown, for instance, the cell appeared linked to Bigtown on the Pipboy world map no matter where its new location was. To avoid this, do not use Duplicate Cell to copy interior cells for new locations.

If you create a new cell, its location will be set when it is linked to a worldspace such as the Wasteland. If you want to copy an existing interior cell as a starting point for your new cell; then open the existing cell, zoom out so that you can see the entire render, draw a select box around everything, copy render and then paste everything into your new, blank cell. When you link doors from the new interior cell to the worldspace, its location will be shown appropriately in the Pipboy.

In cases where I had already done a good deal of work on duplicated cells that I didn't want to lose, I was able to save my work in a similar fashion. I used copy render on everything in the duplicated cell, and then pasted it all into a new, blank cell using Control + M keys. This transfers all the extra data, including linked doors and NPC AI packages. I did not have to recreate any links this way. When everything was transferred to the blank cell I just deleted the duplicated cell.

Now, when a player goes into one of the interior cells of my town and looks at the large world map on his PipBoy, quest markers show up with a linked path directly from the appropriate place in the Wasteland.

Archived