[WIP] Resplendent Racials

EnaiSiaion

Yep. Under construction ofc.

NPC powers are shaping up to be functional, and most importantly, balanced. The only problematic one is Khajiit Ravage; I can't get him to unequip his weapon for the occasion. I'll probably just replace it altogether.

THIS AND AN ILLUSION MOD?! MY ANUS CAN ONLY BE BUT SO PREPARED

I was just thinking, "Dammit these bosmer abilities are wonky, wonder if Enai upda- not on Nexus? This is either very bad or very good." ...*click* "HUZZAH!" The bad news is there's no point in starting a new game until you're done with this. I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY xD But seriously, thank you for staying the course despite the junk. For one, I literally can't play the game without Apocalypse. And now you're making the Illusion school mean something.

If I have to make a suggestion for this new Racial mod, I would say:

Argonian: Looks perfect to me. All my gripes are solved with this, I think. I won't have to TAI hapless NPCs just to get through a brawl as a lizard because they broke their fists on my clearly magical scales.

Bosmer: For Harrier, the sprite (?) has always been kinda glitchy (which I can deal with), but the targets are often farm animals in towns or actors so far away I have no choice but to look at a tiny glowing dot through the map for some distance. I'm pretty sure this happens with other 'marking' type racials you have, but I could be wrong.

Breton: Looks legit.

Dunmer: I've always been a fan of ancestral ghosts appearing only a certain % of the time (once a day?), but I don't really mind it your way either. I just don't care much for using followers, but I love playing Dunmer >_>

Imperial: I don't think I've ever used one. Weird. They've always struck me as 'the boring race'. Also, probably because they are all about some follower-related powers. MY EXPEES

Khajiit: I'm worried about some of these being OP. Prowl isn't quantified so I don't know but I like the idea of it. RK sounds great, as long as it works with those dopey unarmed weapons from SkyRe and Combat Remastered (which I use now over SkyRe). Just a Cat sounds super duper fun :>

Nord: Those are gonna need some hardcore testing lol. They all sound a touch OP but then again Nord is my second least played class so there's that.

Orc: All is well :]

Redguard: Looks proper. I'm eager to test these out too.

Edited by badluckartist

Mmmm...nice.

My only gripe would be the day use of once per day mechanic (it's a reason I don't usually bother with race powers), if it was possible to set it to play time, since 24 h sleep/wait between every major battle is annoying, for me at least. Although technically it could be considered a nerf, as one wouldn't be able to influence the amount of time one can use it in 1 playing session, but it would make it less of a hassle to use though.

Argonian is best! Although I quite like the high elf too. Would love to play as a dunmer finally (my very first playthrough in morrowind, good times), although I need to actually see the racial in action to decide.

Edited by Hallabalooga

Feedback! Awesome. :D

My only gripe would be the day use of once per day mechanic (it's a reason I don't usually bother with race powers), if it was possible to set it to play time, since 24 h sleep/wait between every major battle is annoying, for me at least.

Then don't wait? :smile: (There should be a mod to turn off the wait function, just like there are realism mods that disable fast travel)

There are three possible cooldowns: 1 day, 5 seconds, or an arbitrary cooldown by removing and adding the power which doesn't work with racials because you don't technically "have" them.

Argonian is best! Although I quite like the high elf too. Would love to play as a dunmer finally (my very first playthrough in morrowind, good times), although I need to actually see the racial in action to decide.

I'm still tinkering with Ancestral Guardians. It was considered annoying in Excellent, but it is much less intrusive now; the ghosts are faint, fade in with no flashy visuals and are silent. Perhaps I'll make it more random though. Also, some sort of Whispers buff is called for, as soon as the tech gets fixed because (no one figured out that) the bonus drop didn't go away when the marker did.

THIS AND AN ILLUSION MOD?! MY ANUS CAN ONLY BE BUT SO PREPARED

Spectraverse! Also, Druidverse, but that's not actually a public project... The French get first dibs on it. :smile:

I was just thinking, "Dammit these bosmer abilities are wonky, wonder if Enai upda-

I un-wonkied Harrier and made it so your charmed pet doesn't stuff his muzzle up your ass anymore. The fact that they may get into fights is inevitable though. You also can't feed them, train them, etc.

This is because mods that let you feed and train your pet and make it so they don't go after the postman don't actually do these things to the animal you found in the wild. They kill the poor animal behind your back and give you a fake duplicate configured to love you forever. (Why not just change its AI settings using scripts? Because that doesn't stay between saves trololol)

This works great when you install a mod for the sole purpose of playing Nintendogs, but it is too clunky for an ability that is mostly used to split up animal packs and sic them on each other once a day.

Fun fact: Did you know Command Animal and Voice of the Emperor were meant to be shouts? They even have voice lines and you can turn them into functional shouts with some masonry work. I might throw in an upgraded Voice for fun.

Argonian: Looks perfect to me. All my gripes are solved with this, I think. I won't have to TAI hapless NPCs just to get through a brawl as a lizard because they broke their fists on my clearly magical scales.

The hilarious thing is that Scales wasn't even considered an attack originating from the Argonian. You got disqualified from the brawl because the other guy cast a spell that stunned himself. Go figure.

I hope I didn't ruin perfection by relegating Overgrowth to an optional ability and adding Delirium instead. On the bright side, you can ruin brawls by making the opponent flip out and punch everyone else.

Imperial: I don't think I've ever used one. Weird. They've always struck me as 'the boring race'. Also, probably because they are all about some follower-related powers. MY EXPEES

Follower related powers are actually a SkyRe thing. But generally, the fewer NPCs of a certain race exist, the wackier their abilities can be. You don't want every imperial (2nd most common race) to do the exact same and highly obvious thing (this is why Rolling Thunder got kicked out).

I might recycle the old Uprising tech (nord power, converted all nearby nords to your side) and apply it to imperials. That would be one hell of a Voice of the Emperor replacement...

RK sounds great, as long as it works with those dopey unarmed weapons from SkyRe and Combat Remastered (which I use now over SkyRe).

The racials do work with SkyRe because T3nd0 was nice enough to add some keywords to his items and I added a ton of invisible perks.

By the way, there is no reason why "unarmed weapons" should exist seeing as RK works just fine without "unarmed weapons" and you can use the same functionality to make fist punches do pretty much anything you want.

Right now the cats don't have an NPC power, because Just a Cat/Mischief would only help you and I can't get them to drop their weapon for Ravage. TBA.

Nord: Those are gonna need some hardcore testing lol. They all sound a touch OP but then again Nord is my second least played class so there's that.

Avatar is OP and will get nerfed very soon. :smile:

I know what the answer usually is to this question (NO), but will I be able to install RR on a new in-progress playthrough? On the outside chance of 'yet', should I use vanilla racials or replace ERP when RR is released? Or just suck it up and make a profile for non-Respendent playthroughs?

*edit* Don't know why the hell I wrote 'new' >_>

• SCREW THE FRENCH, I WANT ENAI DRUID MOD NAO
  • Lol about brawls being ruined via enemy NPCs activating spells/attacking people. It's funny to imagine your PC not only winning the brawl, but then the crowd attacks the enemy NPC and he/she is taken away by guards xD
  • Also about the 'unarmed' weapon, it exists for Combat Remastered for the same reason it exists for SkyRe: custom perks/unarmed leveling. I suppose the answer to my question would be to plead the author of CR to include the same keywords T3nd0 included for SkyRe's unarmed weapon. I love playing beast races you see, so it's important to me that RR and CR will play nicely.
  • Makes sense about Ravage. Either way it'll be easy to tell if it's broken with the swarm of users that should be downloading this upon release.
Edited by badluckartist

Except I implemented it first in Apocalypse a year ago and then again in Thunderchild. :facepalm:

And this proves what? Are you seriously comparing highly customizable mod with your Apoc contingencies, in which, first, only Link Contingency allows some consistent combos, but that requires

100 destruction skill lolol, and second, you "balanced" them in later versions? And shout requires to clear a dungeon in Solstheim and going into Forgotten Vale just to start to use it.

I'd say it is a quite opposite of "requires a way less hassle".

That would be your problem.

Yeah, sure. Considering that even in D2 all timered skills were considering useless, unless they were super OP or buffs. It's only my problem, of course. Or rather long cooldown is a bad balancing tool.

And in Skyrim long-ass cooldown idea doesn't even work, I can rest for a whole day right after every fight and respectively use it every fight, or, as Hallabalooga pointed out, just won't bother with it at all.

All three are actually based on a percentage.

Your point? Don't tell me you consider that magicka/stamina/health have the same "average value" per point relatively to each other. They are not.

While the player can afford fluctuations of magicka/stamina from full to none in mere seconds, he can't do the same with health. And health regen do nothing in situations where you need MOAR HP RIGHT NAO!

• Battle Tactics - Every 15 seconds, marks an enemy for 5 seconds. That enemy has -100 armor and -25% magic resistance and staggers when struck. Also, when you attack the marked enemy, you gain 50 stamina and magicka +5 per level of the target.
Define "attack", please. Does it mean that basic flame spell will instantly fill out my stamina and magicka bars?

Also, this bonus favours fast weapons over slow ones, as it isn't like this in the base game already.

Sandstorm is removed entirely (you miiiight be able to get back a modified version...).

If you plan to bring it back, reduce its graphics effect please.

Cloak chart for reference:

Obscures-first-person-vision tier: flame cloak, frost cloak, sandstorm

Slightly-obscures-vision tier: lightning cloak, cloak of rage

Obscures-sneaking tier: cloak of beauty, cloak of mimicry, cloak of terror

Then don't wait?

Most of the time it tumbles down to "then don't bother to use it at all", though.

There are three possible cooldowns: 1 day, 5 seconds, or an arbitrary cooldown by removing and adding the power which doesn't work with racials because you don't technically "have" them.

Then don't make 1/day powers?

Also, some sort of Whispers buff is called for, as soon as the tech gets fixed because (no one figured out that) the bonus drop didn't go away when the marker did.

I remember that playing as bosmer netted me once PHAT LOOT for killing an animal in Whiterun. Perhaps it is the same case.

And sometimes I get several animals with bonus loot, like where I see a rabbit for hunt, killing any other rabbits yielded me a bonus spellbook for each. I highly doubt it was a luck streak. Sometimes I don't get anything at all, happens very frequently with "combat" type animals.

I know what the answer usually is to this question (NO), but will I be able to install RR on a new in-progress playthrough? On the outside chance of 'yet', should I use vanilla racials or replace ERP when RR is released? Or just suck it up and make a profile for non-Respendent playthroughs?

Theoretically, you can. In practice it may well go wrong, because Skyrim didn't expect anyone to ever want to do this. It seems you can fix it though by doing player.setrace [Other]Race and player.setrace [Original]Race.

Except I implemented it first in Apocalypse a year ago and then again in Thunderchild. :facepalm:

And this proves what? Are you seriously comparing highly customizable mod with your Apoc contingencies, in which, first, only Link Contingency allows some consistent combos, but that requires

100 destruction skill lolol, and second, you "balanced" them in later versions? And shout requires to clear a dungeon in Solstheim and going into Forgotten Vale just to start to use it.

I'd say it is a quite opposite of "requires a way less hassle".

I wasn't aware that requiring destruction skill or hitting word walls was a problem in a 100+ hour RPG.

• Battle Tactics - Every 15 seconds, marks an enemy for 5 seconds. That enemy has -100 armor and -25% magic resistance and staggers when struck. Also, when you attack the marked enemy, you gain 50 stamina and magicka +5 per level of the target.
Define "attack", please. Does it mean that basic flame spell will instantly fill out my stamina and magicka bars?

Everything should. Attacking the marked target is a net magicka/stamina gain. That's the whole point. Not sure why you'd not want to kill the enemy at the same time.

Also in case you intend to complain about the values next...

http://i44.tinypic.com/w0gadf.jpg

Then don't make 1/day powers?

Can't make at-will powers because then the best strategy is to mash the button and swap back and forth nonstop between it and a shout.

Can't make 1/day powers because who knows there might be a dragon priest behind the next corner.

Can't make arbitrary cooldowns because that doesn't work with racials and would have the same issues as both of the above.

= Can't make any powers at all because the only thing the player wants to do is mash his fireball button and everything else is too hard.

Half of the offensive powers are ass saving powers, meaning you don't use them in easy fights anyway; and the beast mode powers (Berserk, Avatar, Ravage, One Man Legion) are overkill in those fights.

If you suffer from OCD and can't resist using Balefire on every wolf you come across, then congratulations, you kill the wolf 30% faster and then you get to stare at the screen like an idiot for 48 seconds and then recast all your s#*! which timed out in the meantime and then wait for the mana you spent on that to come back. So much for kill speed.

--

The initiative to make Imperials more interesting marches on at a steady pace. TBA soon.

ooh MCM menu looks nice

A bit on the fence on the Goblin-Ken ability for Orcs, not because of what it does, but rather why it does it? Are orcs related to goblins in any way in TES lore? I always thought they were cursed elves or something. The shock resistance is nice, but again I'm curious as to why they have it.

Only zero-ing on the orc because I play one =p

unrelated question: Not a modder, so I have to ask what the resource intensity of the mod is as far as scripts go? Do the scripts just fire when you or an npc activate or is it something that is always running? I only bring it up because I'm already running a lot of scripted mods.

looking forward to the return of this mod!

In relation to the 1 day 5 seconds cooldown issue...

A couple other options? ...

Script them so they do nothing when activated until x seconds have passed? I know its possible to grab the current seconds since the game was launched. Store and subtract from there I suppose.

Script them so they only work once a combat?

Script them so they do nothing when activated until after resting?

Script them so they do nothing when activated until after resting for an arbitrary period?

Another interesting concept I saw from another mod was to have 1/day powers consume a filled soul gem each time used after the 1st per day.

These all may be more than you really feel compelled to script though.

Thought these concepts might be a good idea. Forgive me if I know nothing on the subject, but please educate me as well to alleviate my ignorance if this stuff just wouldn't be possible.

I'm not sure what the problem even is. There aren't really any powers that affect trash battles to the point where burning them against 3 wolves and then waiting 24 hours is worth it. The only reason to use a combat boost is to win something you couldn't otherwise win (or it would be risky).

Also, throwing out ideas is one thing, considering how the gameplay for them would work is something else. So the power doesn't work until you rest? Did you rest recently or not? Or after 6 hours? Do you have a clock at hand? Is it 6 hours yet or 5 hours 52 minutes? There's a reason I removed all of those from Apocalypse loooong ago.

:tongue:

1/combat would be interesting, but also somewhat clunky because we're adding a different kind of "you can't use this", except it's not greyed out.

The new new Imperial!

Cosmopolitan - bribes -50%, can pay 1000 (+1000 per use) to turn anyone who isn't hostile into a Friend.
Discipline - +100 armor and +25% magic resist when standing still.
Legionary - if you have a follower, you get +25% magicka/stamina regen and gain the Infantry Tactics power.

At will: Intel - spy on the nearest NPC for 15 seconds.
(Unlock) At will: Colovian Star - Fully restores the two highest stats. In a given battle, you can use it again but it will drain the third stat to 1 every time you use it after the first.
(Legionary) At will: Infantry Tactics - Swaps position with your follower at the cost of 25% current magicka/stamina for both.

Dun and dunmer

The new Dunmer revolves partially around Whispers. Ancestral Guardians summons 1 guardian and Spirit Walk summons 2 guardians. When you kill an innocent neutral NPC marked by Whispers, you get 2 and 6 respectively for 25 uses. Each mark you kill adds 25 more uses, up to 999 for obsessed players.

"But I don't want to play an evil character and kill people for no reason!"
There is a very good reason: the ancestors demand it. What kind of dunmer disrespects the ancestors? (Target selection is not actually entirely random, by the way. The spirits have their reasons)

Catfights!

Khajiit now have 10 claw damage, +1 per level. Okay, that's still not a lot. But Ravage increases claw damage by 20 +2 per level while active; claw power attacks deal x4 damage at the cost of x2 stamina; and dual claw power attacks deal x8 damage at the cost of x4 stamina times 3 plus 20% target health as true damage