Half Life 3 Its happening?

Thor.

Yes i was shocked to here this piece of news, is this for real or a elaborate hoax.

This link, links to a special jpeg that might say otherwise, becuase its signed by the man himself. Is it forgery or is it fake, is the question.

Warning though, bad language in the article.

MIIINNNNDDD BLOOOWWWNNN!!!

also ign sourced this as well.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/10/02/valve-database-details-half-life-3-l4d3-developers

Edited by Thor.

Well, applying for a trademark doesn't mean the game's going to happen...... but who knows? I could use a decent shooter, given the fun I got from Half Life 2.

People trademark stuff all the time to prevent people from stealing their names. Remember how EA has BF all the way till 9? Or Xbox? "Scrolls" in the Elder Scrolls? They even do it to names like Blue Ivy Carter. It's really common and means nothing at all.

That doesn't make HL3 any more of a reality. Remember the rumors for years about a new Duke Nukem ( Duke Nukem Whenever? Forever) Then when it did finally come out it was a big disappointment because it wasn't the be all game that people expected.

i hope Half Life 3 never comes out. let me first say, that while i have the Orange Box, i have yet to get around to playing anymore then the first 30 minutes of Half Life 2.

but heres the thing. HL3 has been soooo hyped up for sooo long now that it will never live up to expectations. it might not be as big of a flop as Duke Nukeum was, but im not looking forward to an internet filled with whiney fanboys complaining that their game was ruined. im much more comfortable with the endless "Valve cant count to 3" jokes and the endless wonder that every single Valve Announcement will be about HL3.

i hope Half Life 3 never comes out. let me first say, that while i have the Orange Box, i have yet to get around to playing anymore then the first 30 minutes of Half Life 2.

but heres the thing. HL3 has been soooo hyped up for sooo long now that it will never live up to expectations. it might not be as big of a flop as Duke Nukeum was, but im not looking forward to an internet filled with whiney fanboys complaining that their game was ruined. im much more comfortable with the endless "Valve cant count to 3" jokes and the endless wonder that every single Valve Announcement will be about HL3.

But the ending to HL2: EP2 was a massive cliffhanger. :ermm:

But the ending to HL2: EP2 was a massive cliffhanger. :ermm:

Massive doesn't even begin to describe it. I thoroughly enjoyed the saga since HL1.