Explored map

mechelecengr

I played the game all the way through a year ago, and am just now picking it up again. The first time through, I thoroughly explored the entire map. Now, on a new game, I would rather have the map pre-explored for me! For instance, when I walk into a city, I would like to see no unexplored fog on the map.

There are two viable options that I would like someone to tell me how to do:

1. Removes the unexplored fog from the map completely

2. Increase the "explore" radius significantly around my character that clears the fog

Either mod form or INI tweaks are acceptable. Yeah, yeah, some of you consider this cheating. Quite frankly, it is, but I'm playing Oblivion to have fun, and running around in the same circles I have already run in is not that fun!

Anyone got any ideas??

(I already have a Map Markers mod that shows me all of the major locations on the big map, but I am more focused on revealing the fog of the local maps!)

Thanks!

Jack

Hmmm - You are talking about the mini map (or is it close map) I gather.

I would think removing the fog would be a disadvantage.

For example when I go clam diving I use the fog to know where

I have searched so I don't keep covering the same area.

I can understand the main map markers. A little, but then I like

going for a ride in the country and being rewarded by finding something

that is not yet on the map. Here too the fog on the mini map helps if I

really want to find something new, or quest related. If there is no fog

I often have a hard time knowing where I have been. Especially as I have

had 300 hrs. on a previous game.

There are a couple of locations that would be very hard to discover were it not

for the "fog of war" as they call it in Co. of Heroes.

EDIT: I am speaking of chest not the map markers that are already on the main map.

Also I us the defogged map to remind me if I have been in a cave. Usually I log the caves

I have completed, but sometimes forget.

well,if you do not remember going to the certain loc ation you will have a hard time oriantating in it,also when i find some quest-related location i imediatly do the quest and when i see that location found,i know i did the quest,but if the whole map is pre-explored i wouldnt know where i have been and i would have to check the "completed quests" tab to know if i was there and if i did the quest,causing complete confusion!

If its easier for you to oriantate like that then i would sujest searching for cheats or mods.I can give you a link to a map to every map marker including a picture and a description of the place.

Here is the link:

http://www.oblivionmap.net/Cyrodiil.html

The local maps are covered where you have not explored by a black "fog". Generally referred to as Fog of War, in Morrowind you could toggle this off with a console command, TFOW (for toggle fog of war) but I'm not sure if it works for Oblivion.

Thank you all for the comments! However, my original question still stands.

I am aware of the the option to show all of the map markers, and I am already using that. What I want to do is take away all of the "unexplored" fog off of the minimap. Another option would be to increase the radius around my character at which this fog is cleared from the minimap.

I just checked the console command list, and it does list TFOW as an Oblivion console command. The only catch would be you would have to enter the command for probably every cell you go through. There might be a way to set up a script to activate it whenever a new cell is entered, but if it activates somewhere you've been it will turn the fog back on.

• 2 years later...