Fallout 3 Ending - Your Choice

Thrafe

@Grumpfbork Yeah would be an interesting sight to see. Too bad the AI is pretty much the AI is pretty much Oblivion NPCs with guns. :dry:

babyeatingdingo Yeah I get that feeling too sometimes.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lilgamefreak: That raises an interesting point actually. I've never played Fallout 2, and never really thought the Enclave in Fallout 3 were that evil at all. Sure, they were ruthless in persuing their own goals, and extremely prejudiced, but so is every major faction in the Fallout 3 world. The Brotherhood of Steel, for example.

Maybe I listenened too closely to Enclave Radio, but the only thing that seemed wrong about the Fallout 3 Enclave was their belief that anything was justified for the greater good. Colonel Autumn did decide not to poison the purifier for humanitarian reasons, despite the fact he was a ruthless male without a father in taking it over in the first place.

I'm guessing they were much more evil in the previous games?

Well, so does Three Dog. Knowing he has the info on dad's whereabouts, he blackmails me into getting his relay dish from the Super Mutant infested Museum of Technology. When I tell him I'm not fetching his stupid dish and accuse him of what he's doing is simple blackmail, he blatantly admits that he will do whatever it takes to keep on broadcasting. "Whatever. It. Takes."

But then again, it seems that most Wastelanders have no qualms in employing my talents to do their dirty work and paying me d*ck in return. It's "the end justifies the means" for almost everyone in the Wasteland. (Though usually those "means" tend to become an "end" in themselves).

I'm a Mercenary my own self. My partners and I (Lucy and Brianna) take on odd jobs, loot dead bodies, ransack houses and buildings... all for Caps. It's our retirement fund. I have a place in Megaton, but mostly hang my hat at Tenpenny. Thats where I have three safes. One for each of us and once a run is completed I divide the goods among all three of us.

The fact that the BoS, The Enclave and the Outcasts are A$$ monkeys to me doesn't bother me at all. I use them as a means to an end. I'm a decent enough person, I take care of kids and old ladies who need musical instruments, but I'll blow someone away without a thought if it gets me to the point where I have enough to settle down and sip drinks in the chair that Used to be owned by Old Tenpenny himself ;)

If the game permitted, I'd probably wait for the purifier to blow up, because I just don't find it worth dying for some stupid water purifier, nor do I find it worth letting Lyons take on the mantle of a hero. I'm also locked into the darn rotunda, strangely.

If the game permitted, I'd probably wait for the purifier to blow up, because I just don't find it worth dying for some stupid water purifier, nor do I find it worth letting Lyons take on the mantle of a hero. I'm also locked into the darn rotunda, strangely.

Tried that once. I told Sarah Lyons there was no way in hell I was going to step into that irradiated room, so she stepped up and asked me the activation code. I told her with a smirk she couldn't have it. [small dialogue about how I would kill us both and more Wastelanders if the purifier would blow -ergo, no fresh clean water. I told we'd all burn in hell then.] Then I just waited. And waited. And waited some more. Finally the message came that the purifier had to be started NOW. And so I waited. And waited a bit more. [i had plenty of time to check the doors to the rotunda, but they were -like you said- closed and locked]. And finally the damn thing blew up. It only resulted in my own demise and even though I had Broken Steel installed, that sh*t wasn't going to fly. So I got to watch the Credits. Another day, another demise, another reload [sigh.] The only way to get Broken Steel to kick in was either go it myself (and wake up two weeks later with Sarah still in a coma) or let Sarah be the hero. She'd die and I would wake up two weeks later. I could only corrupt the purifier by releasing Eden's FEV. It seriously f*cks up the Aqua Pura; but you can't drink too much of it yourself if you got the mutation perk while doing the Wasteland Survival Guide Get Irradiated Quest. Still ,there you have it.